PDA

View Full Version : Weird...!!

vernon_24
03-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Its really weird thing happened with my blue diamond discus…he was very healthy and was the oldest in the tank so he was a really bully. It even bullied the pleco and all the other fish too.

The poor fella started to become rather really thin so much so that I could count his bones

I really dint understand the reason because he was not skittish nor was he shy and he ate when fed too .. when the fella dies he was so thin that his eyes looked like oversized buttons on it

I really did not understand this now…..

Anyone experience something like this..???
:confused:

pcsb23
03-30-2012, 04:10 AM
Even very old discus shouldn't waste away so I suspect that this fish had some internal parasites. When any discus continues to eat and do all the "Normal" discus things but loses condition the usual culprits are cestodes (tapeworms), nematodes (roundworms) and sometimes flagellates. In the listed order too, as the latter two will often get the animal to a point where it shows symptoms of being ill, this rarely happens with tapeworms. No discus keeper should allow a fish to continue to lose condition without taking some action to halt it.

vernon_24
03-30-2012, 05:03 AM
I did wanna save it but I dint have time was very busy...had not come home for almost 20 days or so by the time i had moved it and started to treat the fella he died in a couple of days...!