PDA

View Full Version : german?asian?american? who is best

dprais1
04-01-2012, 04:13 AM
what's the real difference. i keep hearing that asian and german discus are superior to american. I think they would be in better condition since they have a shorter swim to get here. Haha

anyhow could you really tell where a discus came from just by looking at it?

dprais1
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
No opinions?

anyone
anyone

chirp.....chirp.....chirp....

rdiscus
04-07-2012, 09:22 PM
People have different tastes ? what you like the most, go for it ...

magewynd
04-07-2012, 09:26 PM
This has always been a loaded question. Study the strain list http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?71055-Strain-List-for-Beginners-(pictures) , search the net and stick around for a few years find out what YOU like then make your own informed decision cause what I think of you doesn't necessarily make me superior.

Eddie
04-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Great discus are great discus no matter what part of the world they come from. Breeders breed for specific qualities or characteristics and its not centralized to a region of the world.

brewmaster15
04-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Great discus are great discus no matter what part of the world they come from. Breeders breed for specific qualities or characteristics and its not centralized to a region of the world. +1

Discus-Hans
04-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Great discus are great discus no matter what part of the world they come from. Breeders breed for specific qualities or characteristics and its not centralized to a region of the world.

+3

In all you've good, better and best, were ever they come from,

Hans

dprais1
04-08-2012, 12:19 AM
okay, I can see that. Being new it's difficult for me to tell the difference. I was thinking that maybe, for example, german discus might be larger with better color while asian might have better shape with newer strains. I don't know. All my discus come from local breeders I'm happy overall.

Just academic.

Skip
04-08-2012, 12:31 AM
nope.. just refer back to post number 5

Chicago Discus
04-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I agree with this It Depends on the care that the breeder puts into the Discus. But with That Said I love My Stendkers LOL...........Josie