PDA

View Full Version : Possible early pair?

Mep1127
04-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Hey guys, ive noticed two of my discus fight alot, but lip locking fight alot. Not sure if its a mating thing but it seems a little early... i only bought them last month 4inches. When i added them to the tank the same 2 discus did lip lock only for a day or two and stopped. Now they are at it again with more frequency. Not sure if its all the protein I feed them, not really trying to condition spawning behavior just growth.

I'll try to post a vid if i see them again with my crappy @$$ phone =/

If they pair off though I wonder what an albino millennium gold and albino platinum babies would be like:p

Eddie
04-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, ive noticed two of my discus fight alot, but lip locking fight alot. Not sure if its a mating thing but it seems a little early... i only bought them last month 4inches. When i added them to the tank the same 2 discus did lip lock only for a day or two and stopped. Now they are at it again with more frequency. Not sure if its all the protein I feed them, not really trying to condition spawning behavior just growth.

I'll try to post a vid if i see them again with my crappy @$$ phone =/

If they pair off though I wonder what an albino millennium gold and albino platinum babies would be like:p

Lip locking isn't always associated with pairing, in fact in most cases its merely a show of force like 2 rams. Some typical pairing behavior is when the fish swim past each other and bow or when they shake. The majority of the pecking will be on an object, not against each other.

Mep1127
04-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Lip locking isn't always associated with pairing, in fact in most cases its merely a show of force like 2 rams. Some typical pairing behavior is when the fish swim past each other and bow or when they shake. The majority of the pecking will be on an object, not against each other.

Oh okay. Thanks for replying to my questions BTW. As you probably know the peace/flow in my tank has been disturbed :angry:

Eddie
04-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh okay. Thanks for replying to my questions BTW. As you probably know the peace/flow in my tank has been disturbed :angry:

Yup....its fight club up in them tanks!