PDA

View Full Version : Aggression at 2.5"??

scarhbar
04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I just received my 6 discus in the mail today. I expected them to be pretty shy and skittish the first day....Boy was I wrong! Hans makes some lively fish :D They have been looking for food, and going around the tank a little! I am pleasantly suprised :)

However, I have a Red Scribbled who seems to peck at the other fish a little more than normal. I know he/she will be the dominant leader most likely, but at this age, do they really start to create a pecking order?

Eddie
04-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I just received my 6 discus in the mail today. I expected them to be pretty shy and skittish the first day....Boy was I wrong! Hans makes some lively fish :D They have been looking for food, and going around the tank a little! I am pleasantly suprised :)

However, I have a Red Scribbled who seems to peck at the other fish a little more than normal. I know he/she will be the dominant leader most likely, but at this age, do they really start to create a pecking order?

They start after hatching! Seen wrigglers EAT other wrigglers LOL

David Rose
04-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Yep, this is to be expected!

Bill63SG
04-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Nothings more brutal then 1st graders at recess.

Eddie
04-13-2012, 04:07 PM

TRUE!

Orange Crush
04-13-2012, 08:27 PM
+1

JenTN
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
My pigeon blood is like h*ll on wheels. I have some that started at 1.5 in from Hans that have had fight in them from day one. Ever taken a bottle away from a newborn baby? Lol