PDA

View Full Version : Poll: For fun. Which scape do you like more

Rummy
04-13-2012, 10:34 PM
I changed the color of the background of my aquarium so that I could hide the equipment more easily. I dug up an older picture with the back painted brown. Now, I am not so sure I like it. I think the wood and fish show up better with the black. The brown seems to appear less harsh.
Then, I looked at the scape. The scape with the black background makes the tank look deeper and wider. The fish seem to like the big piece as well. However, the hanging setup is probably easier to keep clean.
So now that it is obvious that I am just a little obsessive about this tank, what do you think? :o

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4613.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP3503.jpg

Underwater Oasis
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM
The second one!

Chicago Discus
04-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Anik I really like the second one very classy :).................Josie

Eddie
04-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Second one easy. The look of the branches rooting down looks super nice. Plus the fish seem to like it better. Nice fish too! They are beauty's.

JenTN
04-13-2012, 10:51 PM
2nd one!

dprais1
04-13-2012, 10:59 PM
I love the vertical look in the driftwood in the second pic, but the black background is really clean, all the equipment disappears

BABYJIZAY
04-14-2012, 01:09 AM
The second pic looks way better but I think it is because of the wood placement and not the actual background color. The second pic would be as amazing even if it was black.

Rummy
04-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks everyone for you opinions. Keep them coming. I guess we all know what I will be doing this weekend. I vote for the second one too.

Rummy
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Second one easy. The look of the branches rooting down looks super nice. Plus the fish seem to like it better. Nice fish too! They are beauty's.

Eddie, my husband and I want to know if you are enjoying eating lots of great prawns and drinking sherry. What a wonderful country. Enjoy exploring it.

AngryBird
04-14-2012, 08:39 AM
any scape but the hanging one. It is so unreal

shoveltrash
04-14-2012, 09:00 AM
I like #2 - what does the exterior/top of the tank look like with that scape?
and I actually like the black background.......weird! makes me want to try it with mine :)

zimmjeff
04-14-2012, 09:01 AM
2 for sure

Rummy
04-14-2012, 09:47 AM
I like #2 - what does the exterior/top of the tank look like with that scape?
and I actually like the black background.......weird! makes me want to try it with mine :)

When I had that scape, the tank had a canopy. So I could easily hide the ropes that suspended the DW. Now, I will use hooks to attach it to the back. It will be a little challenging to make it look discrete now. I removed the canopy. It was too much of a pain to work around it.
Is your background painted? I was pleasantly surprised to find the brown paint just pealed off like a piece of plastic wrap. Why don't you try it? If you don't like it, just change it back. Makes for a fun and quick project. Then you can show us the pictures.
The brown was the first time I ventured out of black. I used to keep black background for my planted tanks. I am still undecided about the color. One day I like the brown, another the black... I don't think the fish really care.

David Rose
04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi Anik,

Definitely the second one. I love your discus...beautiful coloring and shapes.

Have fun with your project!
David

Rummy
04-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi Anik,

Definitely the second one. I love your discus...beautiful coloring and shapes.

Have fun with your project!
David

Thanks, David! Just got back from work. Getting started now.

Eddie
04-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Eddie, my husband and I want to know if you are enjoying eating lots of great prawns and drinking sherry. What a wonderful country. Enjoy exploring it.

LOL, actually I am not! I've been on a super strict diet and training routine since I arrived to Spain. But I will here in a month or so. I can only have the super large prawns (Langostinos) because I am allergic to shrimp. And I'll surely have some rioja with that! :)

walt3
04-14-2012, 05:02 PM
hanging looks better but the black looks better as well. i painted my tank black and it adds depth and it helps to remove the visual wall that you otherwise see. lighter colors show the wall more. imho.

Rummy
04-14-2012, 06:20 PM
LOL, actually I am not! I've been on a super strict diet and training routine since I arrived to Spain. But I will here in a month or so. I can only have the super large prawns (Langostinos) because I am allergic to shrimp. And I'll surely have some rioja with that! :)

Langostinos - mmmm yummy. Like I always say, "Good things come to those who wait.". Enjoy! I do feel very sorry that you have to wait to try all the food, though.

shoveltrash
04-14-2012, 08:28 PM
When I had that scape, the tank had a canopy. So I could easily hide the ropes that suspended the DW. Now, I will use hooks to attach it to the back. It will be a little challenging to make it look discrete now. I removed the canopy. It was too much of a pain to work around it.
Is your background painted? I was pleasantly surprised to find the brown paint just pealed off like a piece of plastic wrap. Why don't you try it? If you don't like it, just change it back. Makes for a fun and quick project. Then you can show us the pictures.
The brown was the first time I ventured out of black. I used to keep black background for my planted tanks. I am still undecided about the color. One day I like the brown, another the black... I don't think the fish really care.you could mount a center brace, then just hang from that? I can't imagine not having a canopy/glass top! (fear of jumpers)
your brown paint.....latex? I'll have to read up on background painting - I know there are lots of threads here about it :).
so really, no difference in behavior or color with black vs brown? interesting!
good luck & can't wait to see the final product :D

Rummy
04-14-2012, 09:35 PM
you could mount a center brace, then just hang from that? I can't imagine not having a canopy/glass top! (fear of jumpers)
your brown paint.....latex? I'll have to read up on background painting - I know there are lots of threads here about it :).
so really, no difference in behavior or color with black vs brown? interesting!
good luck & can't wait to see the final product :D

Trish, here is a picture of the brown paint I had used. I used the same brand for the black. I would imagine that everyone has their own favorites. I used one of those mini rollers with a thick pile and applied several lightish coats. There were some spots that had excess silicone that needed extra thick coats and a few bad words. Eventually, those stubborn areas also worked out. I already rescaped the tank. I left the black background. But I can't take pictures until it is dark enough in the room. I once used the center brace, but the wood moved too much and was unstable. I will get some shots of the way I attached it this time around.
As much as I loooove open top aquariums, I know I have to put the glass back on. Tonight, the glass canopy goes back on. :angel:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4615.jpg

Bud
04-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Heres what Ive been doin when I change colors in my 125....Go to the home depot who now sells 8 oz "color samples" of BEHR premium plus ultra in hundreds of colors for like $3!One "sample"covers my 125 with leftovers.So no more excess paint or cost.

Rummy
04-15-2012, 12:43 AM
Heres what Ive been doin when I change colors in my 125....Go to the home depot who now sells 8 oz "color samples" of BEHR premium plus ultra in hundreds of colors for like $3!One "sample"covers my 125 with leftovers.So no more excess paint or cost.

I've done that too. Works great!

DerekFF
04-15-2012, 01:05 AM
2nd pics hardscape, but 1st pics background

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Eddie
04-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Langostinos - mmmm yummy. Like I always say, "Good things come to those who wait.". Enjoy! I do feel very sorry that you have to wait to try all the food, though.

LOL, I could probably do the langostinos but you know I'd have to have some wine with them so I'll wait. Only about 3 weeks left! ;)

shoveltrash
04-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Trish, here is a picture of the brown paint I had used. I used the same brand for the black. I would imagine that everyone has their own favorites. I used one of those mini rollers with a thick pile and applied several lightish coats. There were some spots that had excess silicone that needed extra thick coats and a few bad words. Eventually, those stubborn areas also worked out.cool thanks!!! and I LOVE the *samples* idea too :D
off to Lowe's today.................<wicked grin>

I once used the center brace, but the wood moved too much and was unstable.I can see how that might happen - my one piece of manzanita is mounted w/a zip tie to the center brace, loosely. it does move some, which is actually nice when you're vaccing the bottom LOL! however with that much wood it might be problematic.
again, can't wait to see the final product!

nwehrman
04-15-2012, 08:52 AM
My vote too is for scape 2 but either color.... Interested to see update also

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rummy
04-15-2012, 10:17 AM
So I took pictures last night, but they came out too grainy to my liking. I have to adjust the lighting today. Yippee! Another project. Please don't give up on me. I will get pictures tonight for sure.

Trish, I used "S" hooks underneath the back frame. The DW got hooks. I used plastic ties to connect the hooks to the "S" hooks.
Here is the small print: The frames are not allowed to even be looked at wrong. So messing with the frame is doing so at your own risk! I have nothing to do with it. ;).

I must say, that the floor of the tank is nice and clean today without all that DW on the bottom. I wish I could convince my son to do the same with the junk on his bedroom floor! ;)

stac545
04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I like #2 also.. I like the wood hanging down. I would like to do a setup like this with my display tank when my fish are older.
Beautiful fish..

Stacy

dprais1
04-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Damn you Rummy or Anik(whatever your name is...)

do you know what my day has been like because of this thread?
Woke up Saturday at 12:30pm.
Left for work at 9:15pm.
Got home about 7:30 am Sunday morning.

Now it's 12:30pm, again. I've scraped off all the blue spray paint from the back and sides of my tank.
Spray paint works well but does NOT come off easily.
Siphoned out all my brown play sand.
Went to Petco for white sand.
Cleaned white sand a bazzillion times.
replaced playsand with white sand.
Did about 3 water changes(more to come...still aging the water)
painted the back and sides, partially, with black paint.

still another WC to go.
still another first coat to finish.
a second coat in two stages to do.

WHEN WILL I SLEEP????

dan

ps- my tank looks awesome with the new color scheme. Thanks so much for the motivation you provided you devil. I love you and hate you at the same time

Rummy
04-15-2012, 04:43 PM

do you know what my day has been like because of this thread?
Woke up Saturday at 12:30pm.
Left for work at 9:15pm.
Got home about 7:30 am Sunday morning.

Now it's 12:30pm, again. I've scraped off all the blue spray paint from the back and sides of my tank.
Spray paint works well but does NOT come off easily.
Siphoned out all my brown play sand.
Went to Petco for white sand.
Cleaned white sand a bazzillion times.
replaced playsand with white sand.
Did about 3 water changes(more to come...still aging the water)
painted the back and sides, partially, with black paint.

still another WC to go.
still another first coat to finish.
a second coat in two stages to do.

WHEN WILL I SLEEP????

dan

ps- my tank looks awesome with the new color scheme. Thanks so much for the motivation you provided you devil. I love you and hate you at the same time

LMAO TWICE AND ALMOST CHOKE ON MY FROYO.
I stopped to take a brake during my projects too. I am so glad to have that effect on you. Haha. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll bet it does look awesome.
I decided to make a new light box. Since I can't make up my mind and please everyone at home, I am finishing the second redo on the lamp box. Now I am waiting for the stain to dry.

Anyway, who needs sleep?! After all, this is for your discus' happiness. ;)

Yeah, my name is Anik. (A - as in "duh", and nik - "eeeek! a mouse". Rummy comes from the rummy nose tetras I used to keep. No, I am not a lush.

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Bill63SG
04-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Partial to the hanging one.My 150 was 30" high,and I had fake driftwood siliconed to the glass canopy hanging into the tank.

Rummy
04-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Partial to the hanging one.My 150 was 30" high,and I had fake driftwood siliconed to the glass canopy hanging into the tank.

That's a great idea. My guess is, that the fake DW would stick better. Is that right? Or am I totally off here? I'll bet it looked great. Any pictures?

Rummy
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Trish, here is a photo of the hanging rig I made for the DW. Hope it helps. Sorry, it came out completely out of focus. At least you can get an idea.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4698.jpg

Rummy
04-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your opinions. This poll was fun.
I redid the scape to the hanging one, and kept the black background. I also played with the lighting a little. I made a simple hanging fixture for my lamps. (Actually, I made the light cover two other times, but could not satisfy everyone at home.) This way, it is off the glass and out of my way. I think that the black background does affect the amount of light available to the camera. The photos are not as sharp as the original one with the brown background. Grrr.

Here is the tank
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4726.jpg

Here is the lamp
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4713.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Rummy
04-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Here are a couple of the crew eating dinner.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4801.jpghttp://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa379/Anik30/IMGP4776.jpg

shoveltrash
04-16-2012, 04:55 AM
oh! I think it looks FANTASTIC!
and your fish are gorgeous too :D

do you know what my day has been like because of this thread?ha ha ha ha ha ha

Rummy
04-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks, Trish!

Second Hand Pat
04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Anik, if you want a canopy here is one we rebuild for the 100 gallon. Top piece is hinged and can be lifted out if needed. The light is mounted to the back of the top piece

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DIY%20Wall%20Mount/P1010054.jpg

Here it is closed (forgive the dust)

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DIY%20Wall%20Mount/P1010049.jpg

and moved to allow access to one side.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DIY%20Wall%20Mount/p1010059.jpg

Second Hand Pat
04-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Love the redo and the fish look happy and content.

Rummy
04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Anik, if you want a canopy here is one we rebuild for the 100 gallon. Top piece is hinged and can be lifted out if needed. The light is mounted to the back of the top piece

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DIY%20Wall%20Mount/P1010054.jpg

Here it is closed (forgive the dust)

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DIY%20Wall%20Mount/P1010049.jpg

and moved to allow access to one side.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad95/Second_Hand_Pat/DIY%20Wall%20Mount/p1010059.jpg

Pat, thank you. You know, you just gave me an idea. My canopy has that same middle piece of wood. I could modify it either with a hinge and have it open completely or just have it slide back. I will have to think this through.

dprais1
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah, my name is Anik. (A - as in "duh", and nik - "eeeek! a mouse". Rummy comes from the rummy nose tetras I used to keep. No, I am not a lush.

Can't wait to see your pictures.

will post some soon. mine looks great, compared to what it was.

Rummy
04-16-2012, 11:55 AM
will post some soon. mine looks great, compared to what it was.

Post a before and after, if you have them. I hope you slept some.

Second Hand Pat
04-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Pat, thank you. You know, you just gave me an idea. My canopy has that same middle piece of wood. I could modify it either with a hinge and have it open completely or just have it slide back. I will have to think this through.

Cool Anik, hope it helps.

dprais1
04-18-2012, 04:06 PM

Here are some pics....blue backgrounf is before. black after.

would like anyones HONEST feedback on any of my discus, especially the solo pic of my white butterfly............PLEASE

dprais1
04-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay that didn't work right...............

Rummy
04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Okay that didn't work right...............

Wow! What a huge difference a background makes. Of course, the sand looks awesome too. You must be very excited about the way it turned out. The wood and fish will now be able to take center stage. You can really see the beautiful tones of the wood with the black background as well. I love it. Have the fish said anything about it? ;). I think the butterfly is really nice looking. (they all are.) But, I don't have any experience with butterflies. I have seen a few pictures of adults. I really like them. I keep looking back at the blue vs. black. The difference is amazing. Makes for a great example of the effects of different colors.
Actually, that brings on an idea. Wouldn't it be cool if we had a before and after section on the forum? It would make researching backgrounds and scapes a lot easier. It reminds me of the paint companies' web sites where you can plug in your favorite paint color on a room.

Great job on the redo! I hope you are enjoying it.

shoveltrash
04-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if we had a before and after section on the forum? It would make researching backgrounds and scapes a lot easier. It reminds me of the paint companies' web sites where you can plug in your favorite paint color on a room.VERY good idea!

Here are some pics....blue backgrounf is before. black after.

would like anyones HONEST feedback on any of my discus, especially the solo pic of my white butterfly............PLEASEI really like the black background! and love your little W butterfly :D. I'm no expert sorry, so can't really *critique* - but that's a beautiful young Discus.

so, MY BIG QUESTION: how do you keep your discus from FREAKING OUT when changing the background?????
I got a background from the LFS (reversible blue/black) just to try out. held it up to the side and WHAMMO they went like ping pong balls bouncing off the sides. I swear a couple have concussions :(.

dprais1
04-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks. i love the new set up. I like the white butterfly but I've always thought he/she has really poor shape, very angular.

Love the before/after thread idea.

I didn't have any problems changing the background and I had to really scrape the spray paint off. Maybe try to change it when the lights are off on the tank and in the room. That might help to calm them.

dan

Rummy
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
When I changed the background, I peeled the old paint off. It came off like saran wrap. When I was ready to repaint, I drained the water to the last 6", moved the tank forward (it is about 3" away from a wall), then began to paint. I moved slow, and the fish did not care. I did make it a point to not bump the tank. Bumps/ thumps freak mine out. Maybe the difference here is that the paint goes on gradually vs. one quick movement with the LFS backgrounds. Don't know. Just a guess. I posted a picture earlier on this thread of the paint I used. It worked well for me.

Dan, are you sure it is not just the baby shape on your butterfly? Give him time. I think he's adorable.

Maybe someone higher on the totem pole might see this thread and consider the before/after idea.

Second Hand Pat
04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
I tried to insert the background panels (slimline background) into the 100 with the adult Cuipeua and bam, hitting the sides of the tank...not good. So I will perform a 50% WC placing the tank water into a temp WC barrow (33 gallon brute), catch the fish and relo them to the brute, insert background, complete WC and add fish. Done but what a PITA.

Rummy
04-19-2012, 03:29 PM
We need to insert pillows inside the tank walls before changing backgrounds. That way they won't hurt themselves. :o
No. Better yet, those air filled plastic bags that come in our shipping boxes...

shoveltrash
04-19-2012, 05:39 PM
We need to insert pillows inside the tank walls before changing backgrounds. That way they won't hurt themselves.
No. Better yet, those air filled plastic bags that come in our shipping boxes...ah Anik, why not just bubble wrap all round? :D there's a saying in the horse world......about crazy people who treat their horses like they're wrapped in bubble wrap. ha ha.

I like the draining idea, then slow & easy with the paint. I just figured I could get a quick *look* to see if I liked a different background without the commitment of paint. well, not right now LOL.

I tried to insert the background panels (slimline background) into the 100 with the adult Cuipeua and bam, hitting the sides of the tank...not good. So I will perform a 50% WC placing the tank water into a temp WC barrow (33 gallon brute), catch the fish and relo them to the brute, insert background, complete WC and add fish. Done but what a PITA. somehow I think if I moved them they'd be even MORE traumatized!

Dan, are you sure it is not just the baby shape on your butterfly? that's kind of what I was thinking, just *youth* - shape may change with maturity? how old/big is your WB?

Rummy
04-19-2012, 06:08 PM
If I were lucky enough to have a horse, he most surely would be wrapped in bubble wrap and duct tape. (My Vet would probably be rich off me since i would have to call him for every sneeze.) Remember, that someday, the world will be held together by duct tape! ;). The horse would probably have to live at home, because.... Ten thousand reasons because.
I could easily picture myself on a farm with my back door open and my miniature horse casually walking in.
Yeah, call me a smidgen crazy. :). But it sure is fun! Lol

SeaDragon
04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Really like the hanging look! Though the black background appears to make it all pop more.

Rummy
04-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Really like the hanging look! Though the black background appears to make it all pop more.

Thanks so much, SeaDragon. I am really enjoying the new scape. It is sooo much easier to keep clean. I agree about the black background. It does not compete; so the fish and the wood really get to shine.

SeaDragon
04-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Well live and learn! Maybe you'll get the chance to change it around since you've found what you like.

Rummy
04-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Well live and learn! Maybe you'll get the chance to change it around since you've found what you like.

I changed it back to the hanging setup and kept the black background. Take a look at post #34. The picture of the redo is there. The redo is just like you suggested. Can you believe it took me nine months to finally settle on something?! I will need someone to bop me on the head if I try to change it again. I am sure my poor fish are dizzy with all the changes I've made during that time. Lol

I've been following your sick thread. I hope your guys will feel better soon. You will get great advice from those that are helping you.

dprais1
04-20-2012, 12:34 AM
that's kind of what I was thinking, just *youth* - shape may change with maturity? how old/big is your WB?
I'm exceptionally bad at figuring size of my fish. figure 2.5-3". I have a fire red (the orange lookinh one) that just has fantastic shape and is almost exactly the same size.
To be honest he was one of my first discus and at that point my goals were
1. keep discus alive
2. get a bunch of different strains

In six months or so I'll look at what strains I really want to keep

Underwater Oasis
04-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Hanging scape

shoveltrash
04-20-2012, 08:03 AM
If I were lucky enough to have a horse, he most surely would be wrapped in bubble wrap and duct tape. (My Vet would probably be rich off me since i would have to call him for every sneeze.) Remember, that someday, the world will be held together by duct tape! . The horse would probably have to live at home, because.... Ten thousand reasons because.
I could easily picture myself on a farm with my back door open and my miniature horse casually walking in.
Yeah, call me a smidgen crazy. . But it sure is fun! Lol
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of duct tape :D. altho not in equine-safety usage!
in my lifelong experience, sadly the bubble-wrap mentality almost assures one of injury/illness.........

have you seen the new decorative duct-tapes??? camoflage, skull & crossbones, all KINDS of cool designs!

sorry to wander WAY off-topic here ;)

Rummy
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!
have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of duct tape :D. altho not in equine-safety usage!
in my lifelong experience, sadly the bubble-wrap mentality almost assures one of injury/illness.........

have you seen the new decorative duct-tapes??? camoflage, skull & crossbones, all KINDS of cool designs!

sorry to wander WAY off-topic here ;)

We are not in school nor at work. We can wander off topic all we want. lol It is not always healthy to take ourselves too seriously. :p
But, in ALL seriousness (cough and clear throat), yes, I have seen the decorative duct tape. My son has the skull & crossbones roll. They also come in sheets. I haven't found a use for them yet. But I will someday. I think they are great fun.

shoveltrash
04-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Anik I want to say *thank you so much* for inspiring me to try a black background! after draining water pre-WC, I put up the black background as a 'test' to see how the fish react, and how I like it. I LOVE IT. the colors of the Discus really pop. and not an hour later I had this:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7273/6951398260_2d356acbce.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951398260/)
100_2261 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951398260/) by shoveltrash (http://www.flickr.com/people/79271149@N05/), on Flickr
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5319/6951395550_a31ebdbd00.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951395550/)
100_2258 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951395550/) by shoveltrash (http://www.flickr.com/people/79271149@N05/), on Flickr

spawning activity!!!
so it must be "sexy black"? LOL

MightyEvil
04-20-2012, 07:57 PM
GET A ROOM!!! ;)

Rummy
04-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Trish, that is awesome! Congratulations. They really like that black. Your fish are beautiful, by the way. Do you have any whole tank shots?

Rummy
04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
GET A ROOM!!! ;)

Lol.
I am so tired, that I can't even come up with a good comeback for that. Where is Warlock when you need him?! Do fish get headaches?
OK. I am really tired. That was really bad. Lol

shoveltrash
04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
the whole tank shots I took are AWFUL :(. I need a better camera, or the knowledge to better operate the camera I have!
everything tends to BLUR.
the best I can do:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5112/6951540896_b82f545324.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951540896/)
100_2266 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951540896/) by shoveltrash (http://www.flickr.com/people/79271149@N05/)

it's a 65g, and wider than the photo shows (also missing 2 fish! LOL)

Rummy
04-20-2012, 08:42 PM
the whole tank shots I took are AWFUL :(. I need a better camera, or the knowledge to better operate the camera I have!
everything tends to BLUR.
the best I can do:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5112/6951540896_b82f545324.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951540896/)
100_2266 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/79271149@N05/6951540896/) by shoveltrash (http://www.flickr.com/people/79271149@N05/)

it's a 65g, and wider than the photo shows (also missing 2 fish! LOL)

The tank is so nice and clean. Your fish look very happy and, of course they are beautiful.
What camera do you have? Have you tried a tripod? Have you tried the setting for moving subjects? I am learning as I go. There is a lot of information on this forum and on the web on how to take aquarium photos. It is not easy to shot photos through glass.
Oh, also after you finish reading this post, revisit the OCD thread that's going on right now. Part of the reason for taking pictures and needing better cameras is because the discus manage to make us addicted to them. Been there. Still am. But don't take me seriously. We are way off topic ... ;)

MightyEvil
04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Oh, also after you finish reading this post, revisit the OCD thread that's going on right now. Part of the reason for taking pictures and needing better cameras is because the discus manage to make us addicted to them. Been there. Still am. But don't take me seriously. We are way off topic ... ;)

+1 LOL

duscusnovice
01-11-2015, 06:10 PM
How many gallons is the tank and its dimensions?

hmskaggs
02-22-2015, 02:34 AM
I really like both, but I'm a sucker for a black background. If my pigeons didn't look "diseased" on a black background, mine would still be black.