PDA

View Full Version : RO System Needed!!

DiscusDrew
04-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi Everybody! Im very new to this site and greatly look forward to sharing in the wealth of knowledge and comraderie that seem to be so apparent on this forum. That said, Im in dyer need of a 50gpd or so reverse osmosis system, Im not necessarily looking for holding tanks or any of the other bits and pieces but we will see what comes up. If you happen to have an old RO system that you no longer use because you upgraded or have an extra one laying around I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to take advantage of your unused equipment. I live in Spokane WA and the water here is EXTREMELY hard with a relatively high PH (around 7.8) while most would consider this far less than ideal conditions the fish acclimate just fine and are relatively stress free though I realize this is not optimal. That said I have several pairs that I wish to establish breeder tanks for and the water conditions are simply unacceptable for what Im looking to accomplish. I wish you all the best and hope that at least a few of you have something that might work for what Im looking for, any help would be greatly appreciated. Am obviously willing to pay as I realize these are not cheap systems but as we all know discus keeping can be quite expensive and would appreciate the best deal thats feasable. THANKS EVERYBODY!
-Drew

tmfish
04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
www.filterdirect.com

DiscusDrew
04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Well I appreciate your response but I am well aware of where to buy new systems and deffinitely can use google :) As stated Im looking for people that have either upgraded from old systems or that have extra systems laying around.

warblad79
04-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Keeping discus are indeed very expensive

shoveltrash
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
advice: invest in a new RO system. they aren't THAT expensive.
if you invest $ in Discus, why not invest in their upkeep?

Chicago Discus
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
I have a 50 GPD available if your still interested

roundfishross
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
you can buy a 110 gpd new for about $100 brand new delivered