PDA

View Full Version : ? 'bout this pair: fire red X red pigeon

korbi_doc
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Ok all, these 2 are very persistent 'bout pairing...just 'bout killed their tankmates, so I separated them into a 20gal not knowing if they truly are a pr.....they proceded to prove out, but so far are eating the eggs/fry....they are new to the game, so probably will proceed...have no idea what to do from here...is this a decent pairing or not? (I'm kinda purist, would prefer like X like) I really do not need to get into breeding with my disability, but they sure are interesting....have others I'd rather see, lol......any opinions??

Dottie

Eddie
04-27-2012, 03:00 PM
These are compatible Dottie. You will most likely get something similar to pearl pigeons. Being that they are pigeon X pigeon, it shouldn't be too bad.

korbi_doc
04-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Eddie, that sounds encouraging; on the one hand, I'm curious, on the other, oh! the work....but I've done it before, so when they are this insistent, why not?? Now, I'll just wait it out & see if they make good parents, lol.....

Dottie

These are compatible Dottie. You will most likely get something similar to pearl pigeons. Being that they are pigeon X pigeon, it shouldn't be too bad.

nc0gnet0
04-27-2012, 07:23 PM
You will get some solids and some patterned, of which some of the patterend might be pearls.

Eddie
04-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks Eddie, that sounds encouraging; on the one hand, I'm curious, on the other, oh! the work....but I've done it before, so when they are this insistent, why not?? Now, I'll just wait it out & see if they make good parents, lol.....

Dottie

Go for it Dottie! Keep us updated!

DiscusDrew
04-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Let um do their "thang" so to speak haha. I mean you aren't gonna be able to stop them really unless they are separated anyway. You may get some good offspring so why not?