PDA

View Full Version : Eggs and water changes, help please!

cambos
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
I was wondering if while doing water changes, if the water level can drop below the eggs? I didn't know if the eggs would fall off or be disrupted in any way by not being covered by water. I can still get away with about a 50% water change leaving the eggs under water. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Lisa

ExReefer
05-02-2012, 03:35 PM
50% is good. If you have viable eggs than you likley have adult discus that are pretty much done growing out. Daily 50% WC's on sub-adult and adult discus is excellent care.

DiscusBR
05-02-2012, 03:41 PM
50% is good. If you have viable eggs than you likley have adult discus that are pretty much done growing out. Daily 50% WC's on sub-adult and adult discus is excellent care.

Just a follow up from the original question: What if the water level above eggs allows only, say, 20% WCs? What do people do in these circumstances?

Eddie
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Just a follow up from the original question: What if the water level above eggs allows only, say, 20% WCs? What do people do in these circumstances?

Then just do 20% if you want. The eggs can actually be out of the water for a short time so if you can fill fast, its a personal preference.

cambos
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Thank you Eddie! I was wondering about the eggs being viable if kept out of water for any period of time also. I'll continue with my water changes above the eggs, hopefully they will be hatching today or tomorrow! :)