PDA

View Full Version : WC question

Lokii_37
05-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey everybody.
I have a question about water changes. When I do a WC on my current non discus tank I Simpley drain the water out vacuum the bottom and then I hook the python up to the sink and add water that is the same temp back in. As it is filling I add the appropriate amount of dechlorinator and let the tank fill up. Will this method be ok for my discus tank or should I age the water first? The discus will be going into a 100 gallon tank.
Thanks

Trier20
05-04-2012, 02:01 AM
I age the water to emilinate ph swings and what not. When I fill my aging container I add prime to it(treated for the size of the tub) so I don't have to added during filling. I age for 24 hrs. But u can fill from tap if you want. Just add dechlorinator before refilling. Be sure to treat for the entire size of tank

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hcbts5
-Brandon

Bill63SG
05-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Hey everybody.
I have a question about water changes. When I do a WC on my current non discus tank I Simpley drain the water out vacuum the bottom and then I hook the python up to the sink and add water that is the same temp back in. As it is filling I add the appropriate amount of dechlorinator and let the tank fill up. Will this method be ok for my discus tank or should I age the water first? The discus will be going into a 100 gallon tank.
ThanksI've been doing it like this for the last 2years.Just make sure you water heater can keep up.

Lokii_37
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Ok thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to kill anything