PDA

View Full Version : Albino vs non-Albino

nabilbb
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi All,

What is the difference between Albino and non-Albino discus? and how can you tell?

DiscusKev
05-04-2012, 01:15 PM
To make it easier to identify, Albino Discus won't show any black [dark] pigment and it should have red iris (the entire eye). Price is usually more expensive compared to non-albino discus.

Hi All,

What is the difference between Albino and non-Albino discus? and how can you tell?

vicdiscus
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Also you can see albino discus eyes are pink pulps. No Albino Discus eyes are black pulps.

But some discus eyes are black pulps , in the albino gene. When they will have some babies albino. The price is little bit higher than non albino gene discus.

Let me know if I was wrong....

DiscusKev
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Also you can see albino discus eyes are pink pulps. No Albino Discus eyes are black pulps.

But some discus eyes are black pulps , in the albino gene. When they will have some babies albino. The price is little bit higher than non albino gene discus.

Let me know if I was wrong....

I think Vic is stating that if you cross an Albino with a non-Albino discus (Albino x Non-Albino), the F1 (filial 1, first generation) will not show any trait of an Albino discus but carries the Albino Gene and if you use the F1 x F1 (or even F1 x the Albino parent [known as inbreeding because it is blood-related]) you'll get the Albino.

Here is a wonderful thread about genetics (although it does not answer your question, it is an interesting read).

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?64729-quot-Discus-Genetics-and-Breeding-Info-and-Discussion-quot

cjr8420
05-04-2012, 02:37 PM
albinos have red/pink pupils non albinos have black pupil 100% everytime

Kingdom Come Discus
05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the article Kevin,

I think Vic is stating that if you cross an Albino with a non-Albino discus (Albino x Non-Albino), the F1 (filial 1, first generation) will not show any trait of an Albino discus but carries the Albino Gene and if you use the F1 x F1 (or even F1 x the Albino parent [known as inbreeding because it is blood-related]) you'll get the Albino.

Here is a wonderful thread about genetics (although it does not answer your question, it is an interesting read).

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?64729-quot-Discus-Genetics-and-Breeding-Info-and-Discussion-quot