PDA

View Full Version : Over priced?

Swancici
05-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I want a fluval fx5 but I live in a small town so they over price everything. I looked on kijiji and cragslist but could not fined any or people who will ship. I looked on amazon.ca there fluval fx5 was 350 but I'm not sure how much I would pay for shipping or is it would be broken ect. Now I went to my local pet store they can get me the filter for 500CAD. Is that over priced?

YSS
05-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I bought my FX5 from ebay for less than $200 including shipping several years ago. Not sure if the price has gone up that much since then.

vicdiscus
05-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I want a fluval fx5 but I live in a small town so they over price everything. I looked on kijiji and cragslist but could not fined any or people who will ship. I looked on amazon.ca there fluval fx5 was 350 but I'm not sure how much I would pay for shipping or is it would be broken ect. Now I went to my local pet store they can get me the filter for 500CAD. Is that over priced?

The hagen fluval fx5 is good stuff but the hagen is distrubatior to location pet stores to make the price. If the Hagen offer on the sale for that they will pay back to the location pet store. I wish I could share with you but I do not have a catagloge. u know that Hagen is distrubatior to USA, South America, Europe, England. etc I believe the price should be close to the same.

What is about RENA Fx4 the price is very reasonable ? one of my friend bought Rena Fx4 filter cost him $ 250.00 online with free shipment. I told him that was price was very good and fair to deal.

nikond70s
05-04-2012, 07:46 PM
that is overpriced in my opinion. u can look around ebay and find some cheaper ones. $350, it most likely wont even come with media. so ur gonna spend $50+ more on media. have patient and keep looking. you will find way better deals. look on monsterfishkeeper sometimes they have people selling FX5 for under $200 easily. or check on dr frost and smith. they sometimes have killer deals. a few months ago they had eheim 2217 for $85 shipped. and cheap jager heaters. my advice is keep looking. unless money isnt a issue or u need it asap. otherwise keep looking on craigslist/ebay/monsterfishkeepers.

Swancici
05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I live in Canada bc. also shipping would be more expensive then usual. I looked on eBay there 350 plus 100+ for shipping. Also kinda worried they would not be in good shape. I am being patient but will needs a filter at the end of this month. Money is not really an issue but would rather buy one for a resonance price. No go on the Rena as I want a fluval fx5. But thanks:) I'll look on mosnterfish as I never heard of it thanks .

Dannigirl
05-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I bought my FX5 from ebay for less than $200 including shipping several years ago. Not sure if the price has gone up that much since then.

Same here- I think I paid 150 with free shipping brand new. It was about a year and a half ago.

gaboon
05-04-2012, 08:53 PM
EBay has them for 240-250 call for shipping to Canada. Amazon is 250 don't known if they ship to Canada.

Swancici
05-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Luck...you people must be in good places to get things that cheap. Living were I do things are alot more expensive Even if on eBay, craiglist, kijiji, ect I have not seen one less then 300 and usually if I do see one they can't ship or the shipping is crazy. Well I'll keep looking I just feel bad now be use i asked the pet store to order one for me as I can't find one cheaper price then that.

jcsdad
05-04-2012, 09:02 PM
not sure where you live, but just checked ebay...$250 comes with some media, shipped. you will most likely need mre media as what comes with it is not enough. good luck

Swancici
05-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks I'll keep looking:)

Swancici
05-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Finally found one eBay 250CAD shipping 100. That's better then 500 I must say. though I can't buy it right now darn I hope I can find more deals just my luck.

vicdiscus
05-05-2012, 12:53 AM
just be patience you will find a better deal for that.

Cameronv
05-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Just bought mine 3 weeks ago on amazon for 250 total with shipping. Media costed me about 40 more.

retiredsailor
05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
big als online usually has great deals... on this one though, not so much. sorry.

TURQ64
05-06-2012, 08:13 AM

I'll arm wrestle you for who lives more 'small town'...200 mi to a LFS..I got my FX5 from a craigslist ad two states away. Had it mailed, and still only cost 180.00..surely you can do better..