PDA

View Full Version : new to discus

bvella88
05-07-2012, 05:14 AM
hi guys just bought a pair of red melon discus tried to feed them and one of them ate and the other one didn't eat i have fed them several times and only one is eating they are both hiding which i believe is normal, and sometimes i see the one that eats charging into the fish that doesn't eat.. is this because they are new fish and they have to get used to the tank my temp is 28 degrees and my PH level is 6.5-6.7 ??

Eddie
05-07-2012, 05:27 AM
hi guys just bought a pair of red melon discus tried to feed them and one of them ate and the other one didn't eat i have fed them several times and only one is eating they are both hiding which i believe is normal, and sometimes i see the one that eats charging into the fish that doesn't eat.. is this because they are new fish and they have to get used to the tank my temp is 28 degrees and my PH level is 6.5-6.7 ??

Hiding isn't normal but since they are new to your tank, they'll be skittish at first. The one that is not eating is stressed from the new tank and from the other fish. They will get used to your tank and you as time passes.

shoveltrash
05-07-2012, 07:04 AM
is this a confirmed male/female pair? if not, you need more Discus! :)
+1 what Eddie said.