PDA

View Full Version : Toronto: Who wants to do a group order from Hudson for wilds?

brianyam
05-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I was PM with Hudson about ordering some wild discus. As it is best to do a group order to spread the shipping cost (and the pain of dealing with a shipment), I am wondering if anyone in the Toronto area is interested?

Here is what Hudson sent me for prices:

Special discus from Curuai lake lg/xlg size = u$ 130,00
Special discus from curuai lake lg/xlg Golden eye = u$ 75,00

Coari green discus ml size = u$ 50,00

Maués red solid Discus xlg size = u$ 130,00

Purus semi royal discus lg size = U$ 85,00

ml size = 10 discus per box
lg size = 08 discus per box
xlg size = 06 discus per box

Order only for full box

packing cost per box = u$ 40,00
Handling and shiping documents cost per order = u$ 150,00

I'm wait the freight information from Continental air line

I'd like to take perhaps 6-10 fish. I have picked up Plecos for the US before - so I have somewhat a general idea of how the airport thing works...but I have no idea if you need some kind of permit/license to import these fish from Brazil. I don't think so, but if anyone knows, that would be great.

Thanks,
Brian

Moon
05-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I received 13 discus from Mike Beals two weeks ago. No issues with customs. They were labelled as S. Auqifasciatus. Westjet delivered the two boxes in good condition. Declared at customs and paid HST and took the fish home.
Hudson charges $190 for packing and handling? I suppose the fright cost is on top of this. A little too steep for my liking.

brianyam
05-09-2012, 04:11 PM
yeah, I think that $150 is part of the flight. Sounds ok. It is being shipped from Brazil. Who is Mike Beals? Thx.

Moon
05-09-2012, 04:22 PM
If it includes freight then the cost is OK. Mike Beals is a sponsor here.