PDA

View Full Version : Tanked

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 04:45 AM
If anyone saw last Saturday's episode of Tanked "Roll with it" (the one with the bus and nail polish bottle tank); did you happen to catch what brand of nitrifying bacteria they added to the nail polish bottle tank? It was a white bottle with a mostly red label and it had the price of 26.99 written on the top in black ink. I was just curious what they use. Thanks!

Darrell Ward
05-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't know, but you could email them and ask I suppose. Goofy TV show, but they do build quality tanks. I know of a couple of public aquariums they have built tanks for, and the quality of them looks really good.

Stuewart
05-10-2012, 08:57 AM
You wonder how slow they had to drive the bus to keep water from going everywhere...
I saw that too. I think it mightve been a seachem bottle, idk all the names for their products but thats my best guess.

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-10-2012, 09:55 AM
It was their brand of bacteria. They have a line of water conditioners that were recently private labeled under the ATM name.

-Ryan

Trier20
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Lol glad someone else was interested in this! It appears they have their own product called colony. Had to pause the dvr.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r3ij1o
-Brandon

kensacco
05-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Yup, what Ryan said...I'm in perform staring at it as we speak...

Discus Origins
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
+1 Colony is the product. I saw them use it in the nail polish bottle tank. It's a mix of live bacteria 'specifically' made for saltwater, don't know what that means as there is only so many strains of nitrifying bacteria :)

Teshi
05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
You can find it on Ebay.

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks all for your answers. So, I just googled it and it turns out that they also make a freshwater version and they sell it at Pet** and Petmountain of all places!
Don't think I would use it though because it says "Neutralizes ammonia and nitrite spikes naturally".

Chicago Discus
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok heres my Ancient Chinese Secret, works great it has a shelf life of three months stored in the refrigerator and works great.......Josie
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=turbo%20start%20fish&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGcQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fritzpet.com%2Fnitrifying-bacteria%2F&ei=1j2sT_XBFInK9gSC5fEZ&usg=AFQjCNGIcJfsUAuTI92CA_-ATkUhurNEtA

sorry the one you want is Turbo Start 700...you don't need Tanked those guys are idiots..LOL...LOL....stick with us....LOL...LOL...Josie

Darrell Ward
05-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks all for your answers. So, I just googled it and it turns out that they also make a freshwater version and they sell it at Pet** and Petmountain of all places!
Don't think I would use it though because it says "Neutralizes ammonia and nitrite spikes naturally".

That's what nitrifing bacteria does.

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 06:28 PM
That's what nitrifing bacteria does.
I know that. What I was trying to say is that I will stick with "fishless cycling" rather than rely on bottled cycling products while fish are in the tank like they do on the show.

Chicago Discus
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I know that. What I was trying to say is that I will stick with "fishless cycling" rather than rely on bottled cycling products while fish are in the tank like they do on the show.

I gave you another option Holly look ^ up.....Josie

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I gave you another option Holly look ^ up.....Josie
Thanks Josie but, I wasn't actually wanting a bacterial product. I was just curious what brand these guys used. I didn't even realize they made their own product. I will stick with fishless cycling though whenever it is I buy another tank (need a bigger home 1st though).

shoveltrash
05-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Ok heres my Ancient Chinese Secret, works great it has a shelf life of three months stored in the refrigerator and works great.......Josie
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...A_-ATkUhurNEtAbookmarked for future reference, thanks Josie!

I'm gutted, I don't get the Animal Planet channel :(. never seen "Tanked"!

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm gutted, I don't get the Animal Planet channel :(. never seen "Tanked"!
Oh, no! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOeBKo_xLzg full length season 1 ep 1. At 1st I found the guys annoying but they grew on me and now they make me laugh a lot.

zchauvin
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't see what all the hate for the show is... People just need to lighten up, they have a very successful company obviously. So what if they act "goofy", the show has to be suited for everyone to enjoy in order for it to be a success.

Chicago Discus
05-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't see what all the hate for the show is... People just need to lighten up, they have a very successful company obviously. So what if they act "goofy", the show has to be suited for everyone to enjoy in order for it to be a success.

Sorry I didn't mean anything by my comment.........Josie

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
No one said they "hated" the show.

zchauvin
05-10-2012, 08:45 PM
No no, its just there is another thread also about tanked and on both there are a lot of people talking about how stupid it is ect, and I don't believe I said anyone said they hate the show. Funny how people read.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 08:52 PM
No no, its just there is another thread also about tanked and on both there are a lot of people talking about how stupid it is ect, and I don't believe I said anyone said they hate the show. Funny how people read.

"hate for the show" does mean "hated". Anyways, I'm gonna have to find that thread to see what that's all about, everone likes different things obviously. For me Tanked is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. Fish with a side of funny. :D

zchauvin
05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Lol ok, and yeah I like it and yeah its not as simple as they make it look obviously but you get to see different stuff.

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 09:26 PM
its not as simple as they make it look obviously but you get to see different stuff.
I wonder how many they actually have working on the tanks to have such a quick turn around on building the tanks. I also wonder what they charge for them.

Darrell Ward
05-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I think some people on this forum, and all forums for that matter, are a bit goofy also. It doesn't mean I hate them, I try to help them when I can. I watch the show, in fact, I've seen every episode.:)

Darrell Ward
05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I wonder how many they actually have working on the tanks to have such a quick turn around on building the tanks. I also wonder what they charge for them.
As with anything custom, it's going to be expensive, but you can get almost anything you can dream up. My dream tank from them is a 20 footer, walk into the front door, and see it taking up the entire wall at the other end of the room.

Orange Crush
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
As with anything custom, it's going to be expensive, but you can get almost anything you can dream up. My dream tank from them is a 20 footer, walk into the front door, and see it taking up the entire wall at the other end of the room.
NICE! I want a room where all 4 walls are floor to ceiling aquariums so I can feel like I am in the fish tank.

zchauvin
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM

A 150 from them with overflow is 1500 delivered! Haha I emailed them already lol

Trier20
05-10-2012, 11:32 PM
NICE! I want a room where all 4 walls are floor to ceiling aquariums so I can feel like I am in the fish tank.

Lol could you imagine the water bill for that! 50% WC daily lol you'd need scuba gear to vacuum the tank! Then you would be in the tank

-Brandon

Darrell Ward
05-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Nah, here in the mountains, clean water is free. You only need a pump to bring it in.

Etek
05-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Tanked is alot better than the new Fish Tank Kings show

Trier20
05-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Tanked is alot better than the new Fish Tank Kings show

Fish tank kings? What channel is that on?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?g0a0xo
-Brandon

Orange Crush
05-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Fish tank kings? What channel is that on?
Channel 159 on comcast west coast (Wild channel).