PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Exotic Discus in Lenox IL?

fullmonti
05-10-2012, 03:54 PM
They are all sold out now but had videos of some nice fish & are getting a bunch in soon. Was wondering if any one had any experience with them?

Kal-El
05-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I saw their website recently (which is nicely done with pics and video to help you decide) and thought about purchasing there too. I don't know if they are members here in this forum, but for now I'm sticking with the local Breeders that I have had experience with and trust. If they can come on here and sheds some lights it might bring more business to them.

fullmonti
05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry, I thought asking for first hand experience was kinda the same thing? Especially since there are other threads asking for experiences on things. I thought the the general discus thread says something about post there if your question doesn't fit in another forum? This seems to be the better forum for asking for feedback?

you should ask this in general discus..

This forum is designed to allow members to share their personal experiences with purchases of fish and fish-related products.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?83559-Feedback-...ALL-READ-THIS!!!!!

mod.. you can delete this post..

thanks

fullmonti
05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Moderator, should requests for feedback like these be ask here or on the general Discus forum? Just want to know if I should repost there, or if this one will be moved, or if this is OK.

atitagain
05-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I've picked up some nice fish from Exotic, still have them in my tank and they are doing real well.

satt71
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I know Jeff. I was also a bit reluctant to start with...he brings in some nice fish..most of them in the 3-4.5 inches in size...quite reasonable in price as well.

ExReefer
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I've picked up some nice fish from Exotic, still have them in my tank and they are doing real well.

Let's see some photos of the fish.

fullmonti
05-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Photos are always nice to see, but it's really good to hear couple good things & no bad experiences.

cjr8420
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
ive bought from him because im local nice selection decent prices.just not the greatest quality and he is lacking a little in knowledge.i called and asked him about a fish and he didnt know if it was an albino or not he said he thought it was maybe half albino. which it is or it isnt there is no half lol. i might go back cause im to cheap to pay for shipping from a sponser but if u are getting them shipped i would go with a sponser.
this was sold as an albino turk he said pattern would fill with age which it didnt and hasnt grown as well as others same size from different supplier
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q542/cjr8420/Picture376.jpg
this is a white butterfly thats got a nice lumpy forhead
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q542/cjr8420/Picture356.jpg

his fish arent bad,better than alot of places just not better than sponsers here so if u already gotta pay for shipping id go with a sponser their prices are about the same just with him i save on the shipping hth

fullmonti
05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the pix & comments cjr

The main reason I was looking at Exotic was he had some fish I have never seen offered by the sponsors (at least for as long as I have been checking). I have ask one of our sponsors if he could get a couple different fish for me that he had offered in the past, he said he would try to.

cjr8420
05-12-2012, 01:00 AM
well with discus some strains/varietys are here today gone tomorrow. so if ur like me if u get it u will then see it forsale everywhere if you dont u wont see it again for 6 months or more lol.and remember different names dont always mean different fish

Chicago Discus
05-12-2012, 01:31 AM
well with discus some strains/varietys are here today gone tomorrow. so if ur like me if u get it u will then see it forsale everywhere if you dont u wont see it again for 6 months or more lol.and remember different names dont always mean different fish

Very true young man.....Josie