PDA

View Full Version : I did a bad thing. accidental random culling... OOPS

dpete9
05-11-2012, 08:13 AM
last night I drained 95% of the water in my tank with 350 fry... so they were down to only about 1" of water at the bottom.. well I got a phone call and answered it and got a bit side tracked for about 15-20 minutes.. And SHEEEEYOT! the quarter sized fry were flipping out of the water and going insane. I quick refilled the tank again to find out 48 of the fry had died. :-( , most of them were small ones that I would have culled eventually anyways, but about 10 of them were nice sized ones.
BUMMER>>> Live and learn. My lesson is let the freak'n phone ring. :angry:

Northwoods Discus
05-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Sorry for your losses. It is easy to get distracted. Too bad it resulted in fry loss rather than just wet floors.

ZX10R
05-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Bummer sorry to hear that. I haven't killed any fish answering the phone but I sure have over filled things several times playing on the computer on simply and forgot I was filling something.

dpete9
05-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Sorry for your losses. It is easy to get distracted. Too bad it resulted in fry loss rather than just wet floors.

Bummer sorry to hear that. I haven't killed any fish answering the phone but I sure have over filled things several times playing on the computer on simply and forgot I was filling something.

Thanks.. I've done the wet floors plenty of times too!