PDA

View Full Version : NADA

nabilbb
05-11-2012, 06:22 PM
What is the use of Registering in NADA since it is paid? what is the difference between SD and NADA?

LizStreithorst
05-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Simply is a forum. NADA is the Discus club. NADA puts on shows, trains judges, and promotes Discus thoughout North America.

yim11
05-11-2012, 07:43 PM
to add to Liz's reply - NADA is non profit, Simply is for profit. Larry or Jerry will post soon with the detailed answer. They have a better way with words than we do. LOL

Larry Bugg
05-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Liz and Jim gave good answers and I'm not really sure I have a better way with words. NADA and Simply have a lot of the same goals. I'm not on the Simply Team so I really can't give you a detailed description of their goals. The big difference is that Simply is a forum that promotes the Discus hobby by supplying a place for hobbyist, both experienced and inexperienced, to educate and share discus knowledge to grow the hobby. NADA is a Non-profit organization that promotes the discus hobby by training and supplying qualified discus judges for discus shows, providing qualified discus speakers for various shows and putting on the largest Discus Show in North America. Both share the same goal of supporting and growing the hobby. Because we share common goals but our methods are different and not competative Al graciously gives NADA space on his forum to promote NADA events. Most NADA members are also members of Simply.

Eddie
05-12-2012, 08:25 AM
The thing that Simply and NADA have in common is that they are both....THE BOMB!!! LOL

PAR23
05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
NADA is a worth while organization to join.....annual membership fee is only $10 (I think) correct me if I'm wrong. Also as a NADA member, you can get discounts from NADA sponsors. It's a win--win situation for all.