PDA

View Full Version : DO THESE FISH HAVE SHOW QUALITY?

dadecountyalan
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
i love my fish and i think that these are pretty nice. the cobalt and the red turquoise arequite young still and measure 6+ inches. the blue diamond is a two year old female and is 6.5 inches

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/bloodlust222/IMG_0273.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/bloodlust222/IMG_0271.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/bloodlust222/IMG_0269.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/bloodlust222/IMG_0267.jpg

dadecountyalan
05-16-2012, 10:05 PM
red turquoise and cobalt are just a year old

yim11
05-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Only way to truly know is bring em to Atlanta next month and see! :)

dadecountyalan
05-16-2012, 10:09 PM
these fish arent going anywhere! ;)

LizStreithorst
05-16-2012, 10:34 PM
The Cobalt makes my blood run hot. I see a depression in the area of the forehead and then a lump just before the dorsal. The BD either doesn't want to hold her fins up or the finnage starts too far back. I'm not sure. I'd have to see the fish in person. Also, there's a partial stripe on the Caudal. The Turk has fablulous color and pattern but would loose points on shape. Is this what you wanted?

I'd get that Cobalt to NADA if I were you.

dadecountyalan
05-17-2012, 10:15 AM
The Cobalt makes my blood run hot. I see a depression in the area of the forehead and then a lump just before the dorsal. The BD either doesn't want to hold her fins up or the finnage starts too far back. I'm not sure. I'd have to see the fish in person. Also, there's a partial stripe on the Caudal. The Turk has fablulous color and pattern but would loose points on shape. Is this what you wanted?

I'd get that Cobalt to NADA if I were you.

thank you so much liz. and yes the cobalt is my favorite of the group. hes just so hard to take a decent picture. when he flares up in the middle of the tank its all eyes on him. he seems like the perfect discus. but he and the female red turq still have a lot of growing to do. and some more color to get also

moon_knight1971
05-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Not certified to judge but I know what I like and those are some pretty nice discus. I'm sure most of us would be happy to have specimens like that in our tanks. Good job getting them this far!

Joey!

Kal-El
05-17-2012, 10:05 PM
You could try posting one of your best fish in the [Discus University: Learning About Quality in our Hobby] section and the expert there can give you a rating of where your fish is at.

DerekFF
05-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Looking great. Looks like heavy color enhancer foods with red fins on all fish?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dadecountyalan
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Looking great. Looks like heavy color enhancer foods with red fins on all fish?

you know a lot of people tell me that. i started feeding them tetra bits not to long ago and before all they ate was fdbw and beefheart flakes with pro growth. they been like the blue diamond was raised on tetra bits and beefheart. but the piwows have always been like that

dadecountyalan
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Not certified to judge but I know what I like and those are some pretty nice discus. I'm sure most of us would be happy to have specimens like that in our tanks. Good job getting them this far!

Joey!

thank you!

dadecountyalan
05-18-2012, 12:56 PM
You could try posting one of your best fish in the [Discus University: Learning About Quality in our Hobby] section and the expert there can give you a rating of where your fish is at.

i dnt want them rated just yet( to young) just wanted to know if they have some of the qualitys

Sandy Clay
05-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Haha I am new to Discus keeping and I would kill for fish like that!!! Love , love, love them!

DerekFF
05-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I dont know much about the piwos, but the bd and cobalt should have clear fins i think (as far as judging goes) that cobalt and piwo look awesome though

dadecountyalan
05-18-2012, 04:25 PM
the cobalt and the turq are both piwowarskis.

hedut
05-18-2012, 06:17 PM
you need to provide better picture, first & second may be but second fish just not blue enough :) this all my personal opinion :)

dadecountyalan
05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
you need to provide better picture, first & second may be but second fish just not blue enough :) this all my personal opinion :)

and i agree with your personal opinion. i cant wait until the cobalt and turq mature into jumbos!