PDA

View Full Version : little white worms on tank glass

lyles
05-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi ive noticed tiny little white worms crawling on my glass, should i be worried?
Hope one of you more experienced guys would know?

bibsun
05-19-2012, 11:54 AM
i would say They are detritus Worms or Turbatrix, harmless, watch your feeding, keep your substrate clean and they should drop in numbers. Metronidazole will kill them but you need to buy it on line.do they look like this.
dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cwX57hAPzc

lyles
05-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi, no they are about a mm long and are moving very slowly on the glass,only just noticed them. Could they be the juvenile version of what you have just described?

DiscusDrew
05-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Hmmm possible but hard to say without seeing, follow his recommendations because that was my first suspicion as well. If your still setting them after that then might be something different. Its a very common overfeeding worm, and like he said completely harmlessif that is what it is. Any fish behaving strange? Or anything unusual with feces?

lyles
05-19-2012, 05:31 PM
One blue turk seems to twitch every now and then but nothing apart from that.
Il keep an eye on them over next few days and medicate if i notice any more changes.

DiscusDrew
05-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I personally would not jump to medications. "twitching"is usually just territorial or breeding behavior. If you choose to do anything, I would run maybe a course of prazi or piperazine as a dewormer. But from what i'm seeing and hearing I wouldn't do anything at this point but lower your feeding and rinse out your filter media real good in aquarium water.

nabilbb
05-19-2012, 06:19 PM
I had the same in my Shripm tank. Cut the food amount and clean the gravel well and you should be fine. they are harmless

lyles
05-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Just noticed loose white poop from the blue turk .