PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me...ASAP

krislewis3
05-20-2012, 08:55 AM
My best eater isnt eating at all, and hiding much of the time. I have 4 discus who are 4 months old. She hasnt eaten in 3 days. The others are eating and acting normally. Should I put her in the hospital tank by herself? If so, what should I treat her for? I cant believe she has worms because I havent noticed any problems with the poop of any of them. PLEASE advise me.

Second Hand Pat
05-20-2012, 09:03 AM
I would suggest filling out the disease form and post it under disease sub forum. Pictures can help.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

krislewis3
05-20-2012, 09:30 AM
OK I just noticed that one of the discus who is eating good, has what appears to be ich on its tail. Could this be why the other one isnt eating? I want to treat with quick cure, since its the only med I have. How much water sould I change first, if any????

jimg
05-20-2012, 09:35 AM
I would suggest filling out the disease form and post it under disease sub forum. Pictures can help.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete +1

krislewis3
05-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Disease Questionnaire - please complete
Please complete the questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste)

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started: one of my 4, 4 month old discus stopped eating 3 days ago (normally the best eater) she is now at the top op tank with her mouth toward the surface.
2. Today I noticed what looks like ich on the tale of a different discus, who is eating normally

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
: 1 fish not eating, 2 fish looks like ich on it's tale, 3rd and 4th fish no symptoms.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
quick cure, 1 drop per gallon, (first day of treatment)

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish:
60 gallon, 4 juvie discus, 9 cardnils,2 Bolivian rams, 3 cores.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?:

50% wc every day or two. Tank up for5 months, fine 1/2 in. Sand, do not age water.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp: 86

- ph 6.5-7

- ammonia reading 0

- nitrite reading 0

- nitrate reading 0

- well water no

- municipal water yes

7. Any new fish/plants added recently:

3 Cory cats which were quarantined ( added 3 days ago) I just revoved the cat fish and all cardnial tetras in order to treat full dose.

jimg
05-20-2012, 04:08 PM
first thing when they are at the top is o2. lower temp to 83-84 add air stones. all tests 0? you should at least have a little nitrate. be positive the nitrites are very low if anything.
start with more wc's daily and use dechlorinator if you don't
cories added could be problem, qt doesn't mean all that much when 2 different sources are put together
I would continue qc for a few more days.
don't try to feed if it's not eating. offer a tiny bit in am if it don't eat wait another day. it can go quite awhile with no food and during treatments it's best to empty them out imo

krislewis3
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Thank you Jim...But my beautiful fish died!!!!! Ill know more the next time!