PDA

View Full Version : Not eating...AGAIN!

rdub
05-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I have a tank/location that I keep experiencing fish that quit eating. I recently moved a pair of Pigeons into a new tank in this location. Like the previous fish, they were eating just fine and spawning regularly. Now they haven't eaten in at least a week and no longer come to the front of the tank when I approach. I can't think of anything that has changed in the tank. PH is about 7.5 with hard water. Bare bottom tank with sponge filter. Feeding live worms only now but it doesn't seem to matter.

Any ideas what might cause this? I don't know what to do at this point.

Wjmulder
05-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Too much activity, tv across the room, brighter lighting, other pets in the room. I have all of the above and it took a little time for them to get used to it. If a pair developers I'll have to set up a tank someplace else.

rdub
05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
For me, nothing in the environment changed for this pair. Same location, same lighting, same activity.

YSS
05-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Stop putting the fish in the problem tank.

rdub
05-20-2012, 09:16 PM
DUH, that is so funny. If you read my post you would know that this pair was placed in a new tank. Thanks for your input.

ktm4us6
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Water and stress.

YSS
05-21-2012, 09:28 AM
DUH, that is so funny. If you read my post you would know that this pair was placed in a new tank. Thanks for your input.

Sorry. I guess mis-read your post.

For me, nothing in the environment changed for this pair. Same location, same lighting, same activity.

I thought you said nothing changed. So I thought you moved the problem tank to the same location and put the fish in the tank and they stopped eating. If you just moved the tank with healthy to a new location and nothing else changed and the fish stopeed eating, then that's a head scratcher.

flexo248
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
how big is the tank.......will there be a chance that the live worm has parasite? just a thought