PDA

View Full Version : for new discus keepers.

Jennie
05-22-2012, 07:59 AM
This forum meant to help people interested in keeping discus. You won't find a forum more informative than this one. If you don't know or have a question, ASK. READ READ READ. take the advice of the people here in this forum experienced with keeping discus. DON'T assume you know it all! If you don't have the time for discus, get a different fish!

Rummy
05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Well said. :)

dprais1
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
step 1---take the advice

-----when you don't take the advice and something goes wrong like your discus get sick or die

refer to step 1 rather than starting a new thread.

okay i'll shut up now

JenTN
05-22-2012, 11:45 AM
As a newbie, I totally agree. When I kept a community tank, I barely felt like I was taking care of anything. My Discus are time consuming but I LOVE it. Last night the tv was on and I kept saying " I havent seen this episode" & my mom would say "I have". I said "Ive missed a lot of shows!". I was doing a wc at the time and I said "I wonder why"! Lol

scottyk
05-22-2012, 09:48 PM
As a newbie, I totally agree. When I kept a community tank, I barely felt like I was taking care of anything. My Discus are time consuming but I LOVE it. Last night the tv was on and I kept saying " I havent seen this episode" & my mom would say "I have". I said "Ive missed a lot of shows!". I was doing a wc at the time and I said "I wonder why"! Lol

I have the same problem, only mine is I start watching a show and then start dazing off watching the fish and plants in the tanks and by the end of the show I am like dang, wish I knew what was going on.... LOL Who need tv when you there are some nice aquariums to gaze into...