PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Order Discus from Rainforest Farms International?

goblin321
05-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Has anyone ordered Discus from Rainforest Farms International rfitropicalfish.com

I ordered once and ordered a super red melon and white leopard. The white leopard's bag leaked and barely had any water so after 2 days it died from stress. He did send a replacement (I had to pay another $45 for shipping) and that one lived for 7 months and died. It never really ate so I think it had issues to begin with. The super red melon is now fully grown and he is more orange than any red. but he is very round and very healthy. I was told the fish would be very dark red with a yellow face like the picture but it's not what I have. He looks more apricot. I'm not sure if this site is just sending crappy fish or what.

I want to order some yellow discus and don't know a good site to order from. The LFS never have any good ones and I've popping into all of them for 6months now and I've given up.. I need to order online. I live In Illinois. If anyone has had great luck with a site please let me know :)

Robin

scubajustin
05-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Robin,

I ordered 12 discus (2 shipments) in total from Rainforest - all of which died within 5 days. To add insult to injury, those 12 discus killed 6 of other discus and Angelfish. I personally did not have a good experience with him - hard lesson. I would recommend using Simply Discus’s sponsors – Hans and Kenny.

After my recovery from Rainforest I ordered from Hans Discus – and the difference is night and day. Hans’s discus are fantastic!! I wish I could order more from him, but I need to buy a bigger tank – I don’t think my wife would approve. I have not personally have not ordered from Kenny, but I hear that he to have fantastic discus.

Justin

scubajustin
05-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Robin,

Sorry – I did a horrible job proof reading my post. I guess my mind is ready for the weekend!

Justin

Skip
05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
put rainforest international in to the search BOX up top right..

this is what you get..

using search is a valuable tool..
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/search.php?searchid=938638

farebox
05-25-2012, 03:15 PM
I 2000% agreed about Han's and Kenny's discus...Total satisfaction!!! pics are the proof:http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb436/farebox/My%20125GA%20Display%20Tank/IMG_0098.jpg
farebox

DiscusDrew
05-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I would also throw in John's discus, very large fish, amazing quality, great customer service, and the shipping is incredible ( I find this is what lacks from a lot of vendors, and it can be the most important part as it can determine whether the fish even has a chance from the start). I havent had the priviledge of ordering from Kenny or Hans (directly anyway) yet but have only heard amazing things about them as well. Note that all of these people named have INCREDIBLE customer service and knowledge, they will ensure that their customers are happy and only send great quality fish that are transported well, because they know that the customer is the basis for their business. Hope that helps and gives you some good recommendations, all in all, use the sponsor section here as they are all honest and upstanding discus people that care truly about this hobby, not just making a quick dollar.

flexo248
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
i ordered from sunrise tropical from CA. Tony is the owner very nice. i got more of my disus from him. if you are looking for yellow discus. he has dickson gold and golden LSS now....very nice. it is the actual tank shoot of the fish.
the dickson gold is more yellow than gold...i got two right now.

OCD
05-25-2012, 04:08 PM
+1 for Kenny and Hans- 100%

Skip
05-25-2012, 04:10 PM
i ordered from sunrise tropical from CA. Tony is the owner very nice. i got more of my disus from him. if you are looking for yellow discus. he has dickson gold and golden LSS now....very nice. it is the actual tank shoot of the fish.

i will be going with the pages and pages over the years. that say otherwise.. :)

ps.. post a pic.. would like to see

warblad79
05-25-2012, 04:19 PM

I never bought fish from him because his prices are little bit higher.

xKevinx
05-25-2012, 04:40 PM
you want yellow discus? order the golden lollipops from rick at canadian aqua farm. service cant be beat. even delivers to my house!!

goblin321
05-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank You all for responding I will look into ordering from the people/places recommended. I have 4 Discus now and would love to add to more to my 75gallon and then I'm maxed out! Either that or I can get a bigger tank :)

Thanks so much!
Robin

peglegderek
05-25-2012, 08:55 PM
bougt fish from rainforest a few years bacl all the PB's had super bad peppering that was my last order!

vicdiscus
05-27-2012, 03:47 PM
you want yellow discus? order the golden lollipops from rick at canadian aqua farm. service cant be beat. even delivers to my house!!

hold on, The Golden Lollipops might be not real colors , He stated that the yellow discus ate by yellow food sounds like color fed to them. If they are growing so well or will they successful spawning? or Will they do yellow colors fade?

aquaworks1
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Kenny looks like he has some yellow discus in his June Shipment,you should check it out.

doggiez85
07-07-2012, 04:08 AM
SMOKES...

I wished I ran into this thread a week earlier.

I'm new to the FORUM and ordered two red dragons from him. He stated they both are young breeders (gotta cross my fingers now after reading the thread). The reason I ordered is because I get free fed ex priority shipping for them. The packing was very well done and looks good enough that that fish survived the shipment.

The two red dragons do have just a little specs on the face, just a tiny which I don't mind. The color and the body is perfect, no specs on body, clean. The colors are vibrant and the body structure is a perfect disk. They both look amazing.

They both are around 4"+ and eats like pigs.

Again I will have to see how they both do down the road. I will up date if anything goes wrong with them or if they are truly a young breeding pair like he states.

Orange Crush
07-07-2012, 05:04 AM
SMOKES...

I wished I ran into this thread a week earlier.

I'm new to the FORUM and ordered two red dragons from him. He stated they both are young breeders (gotta cross my fingers now after reading the thread). The reason I ordered is because I get free fed ex priority shipping for them. The packing was very well done and looks good enough that that fish survived the shipment.

The two red dragons do have just a little specs on the face, just a tiny which I don't mind. The color and the body is perfect, no specs on body, clean. The colors are vibrant and the body structure is a perfect disk. They both look amazing.

They both are around 4"+ and eats like pigs.

Again I will have to see how they both do down the road. I will up date if anything goes wrong with them or if they are truly a young breeding pair like he states.
Pics please! You cannot tease us with how they look without letting us see. lol
However, you only have 6 posts and you will need 10 to be allowed to post pictures.

doggiez85
07-07-2012, 05:16 AM
I will take pics as soon as I get the ten post and my camera back.

btw I feed them black worms.

I will take a pics of them and when they are eating.

doggiez85
07-07-2012, 05:18 AM
I'll take a picture of the shipping box and insulation.

doggiez85
07-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Shoot I think a video will be better. So you guys can see them swim and eat.

Orange Crush
07-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Shoot I think a video will be better. So you guys can see them swim and eat.
:D

hedut
07-07-2012, 04:55 PM
;) I wonder why these keep come up :), people do you home work before you buy your discus :)

Borderdog
07-08-2012, 01:51 AM
I've never heard much good about them, and I know some disreputable folks that use them as a supplier. That's enough to keep me away.