PDA

View Full Version : New Discus not eating one died today.

David1972
05-26-2012, 12:28 AM
I got three red turqs last weekend.All 3 not eating. One died today one looking bad swimming around looking down fing in current.I don't know what to do. I think number 2 won't make it through the night.Any suggestions?

Skip
05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
based upon the information provided..

nope.. not at all..

go to disease section and fill out the questionnaire..

West Ham Utd
05-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi,I am new to this forum & keeping discus myself(I've been keeping fresh & saltwater fish for 30+ years).I don't think you can reasonably ask anyone as to what the issue is with your fish,without providing more info.You need to at least state your water parameters,tank maintenance routine,water source,feeding etc.The more info you provide,then hopefully someone with more discus experience than me,will be able to help you.Best of luck

Skip
05-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Hi,I am new to this forum & keeping discus myself(I've been keeping fresh & saltwater fish for 30+ years).I don't think you can reasonably ask anyone as to what the issue is with your fish,without providing more info.You need to at least state your water parameters,tank maintenance routine,water source,feeding etc.The more info you provide,then hopefully someone with more discus experience than me,will be able to help you.Best of luck

exactly.. thats what the questionnaire asks...

Poco
05-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Here is the link to the questionnaire

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

Skip
05-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Here is the link to the questionnaire

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

and post this in the DISEASE SECTION>. not here

David1972
05-27-2012, 10:32 AM
.here' what's going on. My tank stats are pH 6.6, Ammonia: 0, nitrites: 0 , nitrates 0-.05. I use Prime to pre treat an I age my water 1 day for water changes every other day. My tank is a 49 gallon and I change roughly 25 gallons every other day. My water temp is now at 87 degrees. I have five other discus fish for over a couple of months. I have a canister filter designed to handle an 80 gallon. I have a sponge filter running off an air pump. I have some floating plants, a couple of drift wood pieces no substrate. Two of these fish died so far. The third is acting same way. I've had them for less than a wee k before they started dying

Second Hand Pat
05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
David, if you have had 5 discus for a couple of months and you added 3 more to your 50 gallon tank we are a bit over crowded here. Perhaps you are experiencing a mini-cycle. I would suggest retesting your water parameters and doing daily 50% WCs due to the increased bio-load. Also it is best to QT your new fish.

cjr8420
05-27-2012, 11:24 AM
how big are the fish old and new .i see nothing about a QT with the new fish.u mix fish when fish already are not healthy or very small ,fish die .

Skip
05-27-2012, 12:58 PM
the questionaire is very important in trying to get you the correct suggestions to your problem, it is specific.. you are new here, and maybe you don't think its important.. but it is....

good luck..

DiscusDrew
05-27-2012, 04:52 PM
My biggest concern is if you broke QT, its very possible that they were not able to immediately handle whatever was in the tank to begin with. Your other fish may be used to existing pathogens and able to fight them off on their own. Can't emphasize QT enough. Fill out the form!