PDA

View Full Version : Grand opening

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Hello everyone the grand opening of chicago Discus will be July 1, 2012 this will give myself and the mad scientist time to finish the fish room and get our website completed. We will be selling only discus related products that I have used myself and work for me. Also we will have fry availble at 2 1/2 to 3 inches we will have fry that are smaller for sale but only to expirenced discus keepers. We have several different strains of adults and proven breeding pairs that will be available at that time. We will be posting a phone number and email address and the best times to contact us. The fish house is by appointment only we welcome anyone to come a see the operation but you must have an appointment. We will be shipping anywhere in the 48 states with discounted shipping through FedEx or airport to air airport with delta airlines live arrival guaranteed. all of the discus for sale will be on 100% aged aerated tap water with a PH around 7. We will be using RO water only for breeding purposes. They will be eating my own beefheart mix and turkey mix as well as simplys FDBW and sera pellets. We are very excited to serve the Discus community and provide home grown discus at affordable prices. I will continue to update the photos of the fish house on my homesteader section and on this thread I will be posting photos of discus that will be avilible come July 1 thank you guys so much.............Josie

dprais1
05-30-2012, 08:27 AM
hooray!!

Second Hand Pat
05-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Josie, a super congrats.

yusufm52
05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Congrats Josie.... :)

Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Thank you guys I'm working very hard to finish I'm finally on vacation from work......so things should start moving faster......Josie

Disgirl
05-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Well done Josie, all is going fast I see! What a good way to spend a vacation!
Barb

zimmjeff
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Josie is this a side job or are you getting out of police work? Can't wait to see what you have for sale.

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Josie is this a side job or are you getting out of police work? Can't wait to see what you have for sale.

Im not sure I would call 20+ Tanks a side job....LOL..LOL..But I still will be working just nights like I am now.....Josie

Lenin
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Josie are you shipping?

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Josie are you shipping? Fedex and Airport to Airport...

Etek
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Awesome and congrats..can't wait till the grand.opening

Skip
05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
josie.. it was nice talking to ya this morning.. just let me know if you need help on those items..

Skip
05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Fedex and Airport to Airport...

austin airport if 10 min from me!

farebox
05-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I read all your threads and learned a lot from them...Good luck with new adventure! I hope one day to buy some stock from you.
farebox

dprais1
05-30-2012, 08:52 PM
okay... i'll bite. i get off work in libertyville at 7:00am july 1st, if i have my schedule right. what time do you start showing?

PM whenever you are ready with prices and strains although you know i will be checking chicagodiscus.com every few days.

LOL,
dan

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 08:56 PM
okay... i'll bite. i get off work in libertyville at 7:00am july 1st, if i have my schedule right. what time do you start showing?

PM whenever you are ready with prices and strains although you know i will be checking chicagodiscus.com every few days.

LOL,
dan

Dan are you going to make me wake up at 7AM LOL...LOL...Josie

LGelb
05-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Good luck on your new venture

dprais1
05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
naw... i couldn't make it there before 8:oo or 8:30 with traffic. you're a business now, you can't have concern for humanity or ethics..it's all about the almight dollar. lol....i would say i'm in no hurry but i'd be a liar (my hans virtual cart has 3 itmes) but i'd rather go local if you have the strains im looking for....

.....i'll wait untill july 2nd if that would suit you

-dan

Kingdom Come Discus
05-30-2012, 09:30 PM
I can't wait to see it Josie.

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
I can't wait to see it Josie.

Let me know when you guys are coming I will make some vidles ............. Josie

dprais1
05-30-2012, 10:27 PM
videos..? do i have to comb my hair?

really whenever you are all set i'm all set. but considering that i personally attribute the fact that my discus are breating at this point to your advice number 1 and SD number 2 i would love to have my dollar bill framed in your shop as the first dollar you made.

--but i would love the great quality discus you offer eben more:p

--not sure exactly what the smiley means but close enough

dprais1
05-30-2012, 10:30 PM
- oh and maybe i can bring my daughter she does a great discus impression....

she says "om,om ,om" (which means "like this") and fakes eating

--thens pretends shes puking and says "chi" (which means "dirty" or "poo")

reffering to the discus eating and then spitting out other discus poo

she is so funny!!!

LizStreithorst
05-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I'll get to see your best fish at NADA, I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. Best of luck!

Discus-Hans
05-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Good luck with it all Josephine (yes that looks serious lol lol) I hope the Discus Gods will be with you and your water always clean (lol)

I'll get to see your best fish at NADA, I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. Best of luck!

Think she leaves her best (the Stendker's) home, they are for breeding not showing lol lol lol

Hans

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Good luck with it all Josephine (yes that looks serious lol lol) I hope the Discus Gods will be with you and your water always clean (lol)

Think she leaves her best (the Stendker's) home, they are for breeding not showing lol lol lol

Hans

Wow you know me so well, know if they had a breeding pair category I would be all over that.....LOL....Josie

Chicago Discus
05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
- oh and maybe i can bring my daughter she does a great discus impression....

she says "om,om ,om" (which means "like this") and fakes eating

--thens pretends shes puking and says "chi" (which means "dirty" or "poo")

reffering to the discus eating and then spitting out other discus poo

she is so funny!!!

I would love to see her act like a Discus she is welcome anytime :)

zimmjeff
06-01-2012, 08:16 AM
so thats the real reason that han's isn't going to nada nothing to show. lolololololololololololol.

ALEXIS
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Good Afternoon. Where is the store located at and what types of Discus will be foer sale ? Also what will be the hours of bussiness ?

Kal-El
06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Awesome, will need to setup and appointment to stop by and purchase me some more juvies. The one I got from you are almost 4" now.

Chicago Discus
06-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Awesome, will need to setup and appointment to stop by and purchase me some more juvies. The one I got from you are almost 4" now.

They should be coloring up very nice for you...I have most of the Discus in the new fish room they are settling in nicely just few minor issues but very expected.....Josie

discuspaul
06-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Great news from you, Josie, - Congrats to you & all the best of luck - You're to be admired for your entrepreneurship!
I'm very impressed, and I'm certain you'll be making a lot of people happy getting your stock !