PDA

View Full Version : Sand finally put in the tanks

Sandy Clay
05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
I hated to start a new thread, but, the other one was pretty long. Washed up the sand and put in both my tanks. I LOVE IT!!! It sets the tank off so nicely. I have added one plant to each tank (Anubis) so far. I have a couple more that I am going to add. Thanks for all the help I received making this decision.:D

OCD
05-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Congratulations!! post pics!

scrappinjaime
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes pictures, and anubias are great, very easy to take care of, also sword plants.

shoveltrash
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
please do post pics :)

Sandy Clay
05-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I will take some over the weekend. Promise not to laugh....my tank is not near as beautiful as some I have seen on here :)

Wanted to add, that I cleaned the sand last night, and it is SO much easier to clean than the gravel!

OCD
05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
... no worries.. it's all about the fish!
I only insist on having my tank being a little above and beyond because i have the D*&MN thing in my living room... ha ha ha. i can freaking spend a looonnnnngggg time watching the fish, and refuse to put it anywhere else. I'm think of a homsteader page called "Discus diaries" , or some spin off of a soap opera.
Right now, i've got a pair i've named Portia and Ellen... both lay eggs. but they are a pair none the less. they are inseperable, and every week or two they do their shimmy dance, then they lay a bunch of eggs, fan them, etc.. and by day 3 they have fungus overed and then get eaten.
I'm wondering when they will figure out that they aren't a fertile couple.
I've got an Albino turk trying to bust into the mix. Ellen goes after him/her and is quite a *****... because the beautiful turk is sweet on Portia. LOL
Ah, but i digress... can't wait for pics.

Sandy Clay
06-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Haha I can be like that at times. I just wish I had more suppliers in the area. I have only been able to get fish ordered from my local pet shop, and have not had good luck with them. I have found a guy about 60 miles away that has them, but, haven't gotten up there yet.

shoveltrash
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
I have only been able to get fish ordered from my local pet shop, and have not had good luck with them
there are a LOT of sponsors here on SD that you can get very high quality, healthy, Discus from. I actually bought from Kenny Cheung, and had my fish (twice now!) shipped from the West Coast - there are FANTASTIC. read up on the sponsor's pages here, you'll see that what you get for the $ is well worth it. good luck!

I only insist on having my tank being a little above and beyond because i have the D*&MN thing in my living room... ha ha ha. i can freaking spend a looonnnnngggg time watching the fish, and refuse to put it anywhere else. LOL - all three of my tank are in the living room! :D altho one is just a quarantine at the moment......
I can sympathize!!!

and btw OCD I love the name Portia. my Doberman's name is Portia! :)
"Portia & Ellen", LOVE IT :laugh:

Dobes and Discus
06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Aquarium in the living room, Dobermans and discus. What could be greater? Pics please.

OCD
06-01-2012, 02:49 PM
LOL - all three of my tank are in the living room! :D altho one is just a quarantine at the moment......
I can sympathize!!!

and btw OCD I love the name Portia. my Doberman's name is Portia! :)
"Portia & Ellen", LOVE IT :laugh:

I think we're kindred spirits ST...
i think i read somehwere you also have horses?
none myself, but i volunteer for USERL here in the triangle... ;)

Sandy Clay
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Oh no...I took pictures but it says the file is too big? Any ideas?

shoveltrash
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
upload to flickr.com, or photobucket.com, then copy/paste the img code into your post :). first you'll have to creat an account, but that's pretty straightforward. I used to use photobucket exclusively, but now prefer flickr.

OCD we ARE kindred spirits!!!! a good friend of mine has done a lot of rescue/rehab work for USERL in my area, and yes I do have horses :D. small world eh?

Sandy Clay
06-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry these two pictures don't show the sand very well...and they don't make the tank look very good. I will take more pictures later. I need to get rid of that algae...it sure shows up in these pictures.

[http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389/CalliRose214/DSCF0268.jpghttp://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389/CalliRose214/DSCF0267.jpg