PDA

View Full Version : Help - How Fast Can I Increase Water Temp???

rachelchick
05-31-2012, 10:34 PM
I did a water change last night and forgot to plug my heater back in. I just went in to checked the tank and realized that it's at about 75*. I'm sure that's not a super big problem (just plug the heater back in), but I'm leaving tonight for the next three days and was just going to do one last big WC before leaving.

How fast can I increase water temperature in the tank? I could do it over the course of the next hour at the most, but then we're leaving . . .

Help!

joeymac
05-31-2012, 11:06 PM
I wouldnt do a wc with water more than a couple degrees higher. Then just let ur heater do its thing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

DiscusDrew
05-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Trying like hell to get this post to you, but hopefully you got my text Rachel. Ill give this one more go as the reception here blows, try not to increase temp by more than 5 degrees, but 5 degrees is safe and has been used for some time to induce breeding behavior so I promise its safe. Then let the heater do the rest. If that makes you nervous, then do the water change at the exact same temp and let the heater do what it does best. HTH