PDA

View Full Version : Red Cover Cross Pair ~ Chicago

ExReefer
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
These are the only discus I have left and I'm selling them to take a short break from keeping discus. They are 5-5.5" TL - not giant discus by any means, but their shape is pretty good IMO. The male is more of a brown toned body with some red in his fins. As with most red based fish, the female is gorgeous. She has red on the body and fins along with a blue halo when kept in a tank with a light colored background. Both fish have nice red eyes. I've been feeding them Al's FDBW cubes and Bill's BH Flake.

They spawn every 5 or 6 days. I won't say they are proven, but the majority of the eggs look viable after 48hrs. of every spawn. They end up eating them just before the hatch or while they hatch. I have not been able to witness a hatching to see a wriggler.

I'm asking $300 O.B.O for this pair and local sale only. They should produce some nice fry. These are from Forrest/Kenny and were crossed with Virgin Reds.

I will snap some more recent photos soon, but for now, here is link to the group from few months ago just to give you an idea:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?94166-Red-Cover-amp-Virgin-Red-Cross

mmorris
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I suspect all someone may need to do is remove the female immediately after spawning. An excellent price for a lovely pair.

ExReefer
06-03-2012, 09:48 AM
SOLD