PDA

View Full Version : Near Disaster!

Bill63SG
06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Was doing a wc on my 180 upstairs when my wife said she thought she heard running water."Nevermind,I didn't know you were doing a wc."Moving some fish around because I'm getting a pair from CozeyKeith,and I head upstairs,and a hose has popped off my Magnum on the 180.All said and done I emptied the shop vac twice,10gals,not to mention what my wife mopped up and towels.All on pergo.Got fans going,and going to crank up the air.Hopefully no warpage tommorrow.

shoveltrash
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
at least it was on pergo!!!!
I flooded my hardwood in the LR/DR once, talk about PANIC. good thing you caught it early on!

Second Hand Pat
06-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Bill, hoping all will be ok but do not believe pergo is very forgiving.

Bill63SG
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Bill, hoping all will be ok but do not believe pergo is very forgiving.I hear you Pat.Fans and windows are open.Next couple of days will tell.Went to the hardwarestore and put on another clamp.74050The top one is over the flare,hope that it crimps it smaller,can't slip.But got some new discus also,rolllercoaster baby!

Second Hand Pat
06-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Bill, maybe you can sit that filter in a bucket to give you a little breathing room. From the picture it looks like the filter is winning.

TURQ64
06-02-2012, 10:35 PM
at least it was on pergo!!!!
I flooded my hardwood in the LR/DR once, talk about PANIC. good thing you caught it early on!
I have solid 1" T&G I brought from Mayalsia laid over 1" plywood in 4 rooms. I've buckled it more times than my belt..(hence the new fishroom)

Trier20
06-02-2012, 10:42 PM
i had a plastic piece break on a UV filter once and emptied about 100 gallons of water in my den. that was a mess! glad you were home and caught yours early unlike me :)

DiscusDrew
06-02-2012, 10:45 PM
My God, isn't it scary every time something like this happens you realize even 10 gallons is a crap ton of water and a pita to clean up.... Then you look at ALL your fish tanks and thank God you don't live in an earthquake zone (at least in my case). Hope not too much damage was done Bill.

Bill63SG
06-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Bill, maybe you can sit that filter in a bucket to give you a little breathing room. From the picture it looks like the filter is winning.You can't see it,but its in our "crab leg party bowl"right now.Been running around 8hrs now.

My God, isn't it scary every time something like this happens you realize even 10 gallons is a crap ton of water and a pita to clean up.... Then you look at ALL your fish tanks and thank God you don't live in an earthquake zone (at least in my case). Hope not too much damage was done Bill.When it was all said and done,my wife thought the tank had burst a seam.She was actually happy it was just a hose and much more fixable.And also that it happened when we were home.

yusufm52
06-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Had a similar disaster only difference was it happened my when I was siphoning water during WC. I had a few guests coming over for lunch and I decided to clean up my tank as it looked a little messy so thought I'll just do a 30% WC on my 70 gal, and I started the siphon and moved away for like 5-10mins when I came back my whole carpet was drenched from the tank water, it took me a good 4hrs to clean up the spill and still it was all wet so put may be 6-7 bedsheets and plastic then covered it with one huge sheet so that it will not be noticeable till the guests left.

It took a week to dry up. And also a lot of air fresheners.. ;-)
Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

LizStreithorst
06-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I buckled the floor in my old Katrina house. I injured the pergo in this house but it's only noticable to me. Thank God I have a fish room now. Even without floods, the humidity a bunch of tanks give off doesn't to a house any good.

korbi_doc
06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
As often as I flood the floor, wouldn't dare have a tank in LR.....
Nice tile with drain in FR, lol

Dottie

Bill63SG
06-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Well its been a day and a half,no warpage,so fingers crossed,I think we'll be ok.

Second Hand Pat
06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Great news Bill