PDA

View Full Version : Discus gone off food after eating fine for weeks

kyliesdiscus
06-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I've had my discus for over 6 weeks they were all eating fine now they won't barely eat they might have a pick but that might be after about an hour of food being in the tank, I have 4 discus 10 neons and a tiny angel they sem very uninterested in whatever food I offer them believe me I have quite the menu for them, my ph 6.8 hardness 50ppm temp 29'C
Nitrites, nitrates are normal and ammonia absolutely 0,
They are never really active either they do a lot of sitting in the corner what could be wrong it's got me buggered please help :(

Elliots
06-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Someone is going to say,"How often and how much water do you change?". If you read this site you will hear of the importance of water changes. Also, how big is your tank? How big are your Discus?

kyliesdiscus
06-03-2012, 08:29 AM
My discus are 4" and 2" my tank is 6ft 400 litres , I do 90 litres water change every night after feeding to suck out unbeaten food

jimg
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Nitrites, nitrates are normal and ammonia absolutely 0, what is normal for nitrites?
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?38545-Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete

kyliesdiscus
06-03-2012, 08:55 AM
They confuse my but whatever it said on the pack for safe levels they have been the same for over 6 mnths

kyliesdiscus
06-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Please complete the questionnaire if your fish are sick (copy and paste)

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

Not eating/ not active

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

Hiding sometimes darting, not eating anymore sometimes rubbing against leaves of plants

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

none as yet

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

6 ft 400 litres established over 8 months
10 neons 4 discus about 2-4" and one very small angel

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
90 litres every night after feeding finished

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp ___29'c__

- ph __6.8

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading ____

- nitrate reading ____

- well water _100% rain water___

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

dprais1
06-03-2012, 10:41 AM
are all the fish in the tank not eating or only the discus?

Skip
06-03-2012, 10:44 AM
rainwater!?

kyliesdiscus
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Just the discus arnt interested in feeding but they are all fully brightly coloured ????
Yes I use rainwater we live in the bush could they be lacking in minerals? Or do I need more discus in the tank???