PDA

View Full Version : My Red Dragon Flowerhorn ! Code name : Chongo!

Bilbo
06-19-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.flowerhorncraze.com/topic/229057-meet-mr-chongo/page__fromsearch__1

Trier20
06-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Nice

warblad79
06-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Head Injured

Josef
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Isn't Chongo a Voodoo god?

Etek
06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Nice bilbo..I had a feeling that it was you from fhc. I stopped with flowerhorns for now. Got kinda bored with them after several years and several fishes.

Bilbo
06-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Nice bilbo..I had a feeling that it was you from fhc. I stopped with flowerhorns for now. Got kinda bored with them after several years and several fishes. Yeppers it's me! I can understand your bordom of flowerhorns. If i just kept flowerhorns i would get bored too. They are to active and pshyco for me to enjoy all around. I love flowerhorns but they are not my main passion. They are a back burner passion for me. Rams are my favorite and discus are second. Flowerhorns are 3rd. The reason is that they each satisfy each of my fish keeping cravings. Part of me loves the beautiful ellgance which is discus. Part of me loves the tiny little ram that has Super Macho personality as well as physical beauty. The flowerhorn is the bulldog of the 3 and i love them because they are like a big wet pet. My future project will be to set up a giant tank for just one awesome flowerhorn from my breeding projects and see how big i can grow him. My goal is 20 inches! They are awesome because they are trainable like a dog and i often stick my hands in the tanks and wrestle with them as well as pet them. They just have a different personality than discus. Keeping all 3 types keeps my mind in a wonderland of fish happiness and there is never a dull moment in my fish room. One thing all three types of fish have is that they are the top 3 most colorful fresh water fish available. In case you haven't noticed... i love color. I can not have anything that doesn't almost burn my retinas! Just look at my red dragons! They are very red... even for red dragon standards. No color enhancers or anything. Just good ol fashioned clean water. I treat them just like my discus and give them bookoos of water changes! This pair of Red Dragons should throw me alot of blood red babies. I want to start offering a quality Red Dragon for people here in the USA on a regular basis! Cheers!

Bilbo
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Head Injured Haha! Yes, quality flowerhorns have big heads. The one you are reffering too should even get a bigger head than he already has now. Big nuhcal humps on flowerhorns are like antlers on a big mature white tail buck! They are rare compared to the millions of other flowerhorns that will not ever get a big head. Yes, i am an advid hunter as well!

Chicago Discus
06-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Isn't Chongo a Voodoo god?

I think it means monkey...

Bilbo
06-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Chango is monkey. Chongo is something that just came to my head.

CrazyAngels
06-22-2012, 07:33 PM
That is correct Chango is monkey.

Chango is monkey. Chongo is something that just came to my head.

warblad79
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Fish with a head tumor

trusty
06-26-2012, 01:49 AM
I have one I pet him like a dog and he is okay with it he is my 135gallon his name is George.

trusty
06-26-2012, 01:57 AM
he was a baby now he is huge...........

trusty
06-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Bilbp yours is awesome if you get babies i will buy a female from you to breed with my male let know very nice...

Bilbo
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Yay! We have another flowerhorn hobbiest here! Sure man i can hook you up. My RD female is being difficult atm though. She starts cleaning the spawning area and her tube comes down but she never drops eggs. I'm not convinced she is ready yet. Mean while my KK parrot is spawning about once a week so i decided to make phase 3 of my breeding project into phase 1. I now have my male RD with the kk parrot and will be making some Kamfa babies soon. Phase 2 will be to take a Kamfa female i get from that cross and go back to dad for some really nice red Kamfa babies. Phase 3 will then be to take yet another female from that spawn and bring it back to dad yet again for some really nice RD with fertile males.

trusty
06-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Cool appreciate Nice I have 5 red blood parrots that some one gave 2 I have in a 30 that lay eggs and 3 in the 135 with George and they lay eggs as well and are super huge they get hit with wc and good food............

trusty
06-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Let me know I will buy some not a problem I like the phases you are planning.