PDA

View Full Version : well my typical luck struck again...

spiffyfish
06-21-2012, 12:39 AM
came home from work today and looked in the tank and didnt see my bigger of my 2 BD. look under the back of the stand and sure enough there he is dried up on the carpet. i have had the worst luck with everything the past few years and just keeps getting worse. i guess as they say thats life. the tank has glass tops on it too there is just about a 2 1/2'' gap in the back and it must have jumped at the right angle.:mad::mad:

shoveltrash
06-21-2012, 08:19 AM
oh Chris that sucks :(. so sorry...........

chaoslite
06-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey Chris I know what you are feeling. Sorry for your loss.

Mishka

ZX10R
06-21-2012, 01:15 PM
We must have the same luck I had a $300 ray do that to me a few months back.

spiffyfish
06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
It was one of my favorite fish too. I have some piwows coming in next week they will be completely covered i dont want to lose one of them as they would take awhile to replace.

TURQ64
06-21-2012, 06:04 PM
They tend to freak, dash towards the glass, go sideways, then verticle like a rocket by that time.....

PaulD
06-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Went home from work last week more than 10 Africa cichlid died bc the temp. over 90 degree. The heater was set at 78 but some how it went up. Lucky not on my discus but still very mad.

PhoenixLR
06-24-2012, 01:40 AM
I have a 6.5" WB and he sporatically darts for no reason. No one is walking or moving and "BAM" right into the bottom of the glass lid twice. That happens at least once a week and that's when I'm home. Who knows what happens when I'm gone. So I cover the gaps in the back with durable materials. If you have hang on filters slide them to the middle of the gap. Floating logs can help. Laying a full 1 liter bottle(smart water) in the gap will help the fish bounce back into the tank without getting injured.

j123
06-24-2012, 07:22 PM
About 2 years ago, I had some bettas that did that. I have a custom betta tank to house about 4 bettas. In about a week, I had 3 bettas jump out of the tank usually with in 1 day after I bought them. One right after another. I'd go buy a fish, and the next day he's on the floor. I go buy another fish, and the next day....