PDA

View Full Version : Fool me once shame on you.

oldfar
06-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Well here's the story I sleep late Saturday morning work 10 to 12 hrs a day.During the week I put Al's fdbw on tank glass for the fish about 4:15 am no lights on all day .they are waiting and looking for me all lined up in row when I get home at 3:30 or 5:30 I turn lights on and everybody wants to eat.This is first time this happened I turned on lights about10:30 this morning everybody is hiding and skittish .Oh my gosh what's wrong Iam going nuts what have I done wrong big 90% water change last night. So I start checking water everything is great .what could it be,put fdbw on glass they will chew this up in 2 min no takers still hiding well I give up and turn the lights off.By the time I sit back down and look at tank they are attacking the worms what the ___ . About 4:30 this afternoon I turn lights back on they can't wait for me to feed them all I can think of is they have a routine now and will not deviate .Man did they have me fooled.

CrazyAngels
06-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes, it seems they got their routine down and the lights at the wrong time scared them off.. Glad all is well, bet it scared you for a bit. LOL

Elliots
06-23-2012, 09:26 PM
I think you have a conditioned reflex. About 1960 I had a 10g tank. I put the light on only when I fed the fish for a while. After that whenever I put the light on the fish would come to the top of the tank for feeding.

oldfar
06-23-2012, 11:11 PM
You better believe it scared me.I have been very nerves about these guys .I had discus about 15 years ago in a 125g before Internet only had books back then and had fry on the parents worked too much to take care of them but SD site can drive you crazy but this place has the most info it's great.