PDA

View Full Version : Just plain old stupid.

oldfar
07-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Doing A big water change tonight put the fish on their sides wiped the inside glass down with paper toweles makes a big difference on glass clarity thanks Liz I think thats who recommend this.well filled the tank back up but was not happy ,still had gunk on bottom ,so I decided to do more cleaning and left the hose in kitchen sink to suck more gunk . working on tank But hose fell out of sink must have 20g on floor I knew better . Ran to basement to get wet dry vac can not find hose found it . Worked my but off to clean this up it's 98 degrees here in Cincinnati my daughter got a good laugh out of this love my children . But I knew better I always put the hose out the back door shame on me.

ZX10R
07-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Yep done this several times twice on carpet once on laminate.

oldfar
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I ve got most of It cleaned up now man did feel stupid but ----- happens .

xxbenjamminxx
07-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Lol not funny at all but kinda had one of these moments last week myself. Was filling the tank back up and went to go check lunch for the kids. Well it was done, and took it out made plates and was sitting down eating with them when all of a sudden I realized it was still filling....... Needless to say I also had at least 20g of water soaked in my bedroom carpeting and broke out the shop vac too.

So dont feel bad, your not the only one who does this kind of stuff. :)

PS- Also have had a spray bar on a canister pointed too high only to come back from a vaca to see half the water in a 75g gone and several streams of water shooting over the side of the tank. We live and learn (and replace carpeting more then it should)...

Wes
07-04-2012, 09:50 PM
We all need to do that once in a while. With the amount of water changes we do, its bound to happen.

oldfar
07-04-2012, 10:01 PM
My daughter god love her had a good laugh my youngest I am glad to still have her around ,lost my wife in September nice to have her around but we cut nobody any slack around here.

oldfar
07-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Well at least the discus are very happy now.

ktm4us6
07-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I too flooded the floor and ruined some drywall in the basement and carpet where the fish are, ( I was filling storage tank lol). Sorry about your wife.

oldfar
07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I too flooded the floor and ruined some drywall in the basement and carpet where the fish are, ( I was filling storage tank lol). Sorry about your wife.oh I had all kinds of water in the basement old house .1906 build date 4floors.pain to heat and cool.

Keith Perkins
07-05-2012, 12:41 AM
There's only two kinds of discus keepers, those that have caused a flood and those that soon will (or maybe soon will again). Been there done that, more than once. It is a humbling experience, no doubt. Sorry to here about your wife too, got to be tough.

nc0gnet0
07-05-2012, 01:00 AM
I discus keepers best freind is a concrete floor.

Rick

a volar
07-05-2012, 04:26 AM
that a classic one :)

ganesan
07-05-2012, 06:05 AM
I once got a phone call and forgot that I was filling the barrel for aging and the water overflowed but luckily the barrel was outdoors so it was not a mess.Once water overflowed in my 140 liter tank kept in my living room.I had connected the water hose from the aged water outside to the tank and as the hose is small in diameter and long and the tank takes at least about 20 minutes to fill I was watching TV in another room and saw that the water had overflowed and was all over the aquarium wooden cabinet.
Now i learnt my lessons and when ever I do a water change I never will move away from the scene untill the job is 100% complete.

oldfar
07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
There's only two kinds of discus keepers, those that have caused a flood and those that soon will (or maybe soon will again). Been there done that, more than once. It is a humbling experience, no doubt. Sorry to here about your wife too, got to be tough.Ya it's hard got my tank shortly after that , gives me something to do when I get home after work all the guys line up when I come in makes me laugh ,howdy boys and girls it's feedin time.got to love them they are much smarter then any fish I have ever had they do know who you are when you walk into the room and I know they float in the tank when everything is good and sit there watchin me ,we watch tv together dam what has happened to me.As some the young guys say at work (it's all good man) man I hate that.

Rummy
07-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I discus keepers best freind is a concrete floor.

Rick

...with a drain in it! :p