PDA

View Full Version : Seachem Discus Trace

Astolfo
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I have a 180Gal tank with 6 discus of different sizes, planted with nice plants CO2, change the water every day and us RO/DI, is Discus Trace as good as Prime (i.e. doing what it says it does?)
Is there anyone there using it?

aalbina
07-05-2012, 02:38 PM
When I used to use RO/DI water I used Kents RO Right. I currently use Discus Trace once a week or every two if I remember - to put some trace minerals back into the water. My TDS does go up with Trace just like it did with Kent's RO Right but I have no idea if either product replaced what they said they did in the amounts they stated. I also have no idea if discus actually NEED these trace minerals - much I have read here says this stuff is snake oil. I really don't know but I use it anyway.

Adam

Astolfo
07-05-2012, 05:11 PM
When I used to use RO/DI water I used Kents RO Right. I currently use Discus Trace once a week or every two if I remember - to put some trace minerals back into the water. My TDS does go up with Trace just like it did with Kent's RO Right but I have no idea if either product replaced what they said they did in the amounts they stated. I also have no idea if discus actually NEED these trace minerals - much I have read here says this stuff is snake oil. I really don't know but I use it anyway.

Adam

Why did you stop using RO/DI?

aalbina
07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I have elevated levels of manganese in my well water. For that reason I went to RO/DI - I've since learned that a carbon resin block will take out everything I need without the expense of an RO/DI unit. I put a bunch of valves in the lines so I can flip them and get RO if want but I rarely ever do. Best thing is no waste water. It all depends on your water parameters out of the tap. Most of the time RO/DI is not necessary with discus.

Adam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD