PDA

View Full Version : want to buy discus in PA NJ NYC area

phillybob
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
just set up an 120g discus tank. currently have 4 disscus in it. look to buy a few more. let me know if you have discus to rehome.

flexo248
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
i got a BD (3"+) and dickson gold (gold diamond 2.5") may be i will sell the scralet red 2.5" too.

DiscusOnly
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
just set up an 120g discus tank. currently have 4 disscus in it. look to buy a few more. let me know if you have discus to rehome.

What are you looking for?

phillybob
07-06-2012, 09:52 PM
how much you ask? can you send me pictures?

phillybob
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM
I am new to discus world. nothing in particular yet. what do you have to offer?

phillybob
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
i got a BD (3"+) and dickson gold (gold diamond 2.5") may be i will sell the scralet red 2.5" too.

can you send me pictures?

DiscusOnly
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I only have adults.. probably not what you want starting out.

angel eyes
07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I've got 8 HUGE adult Stendker Discus available. $400 cash and carry for all ...this deal is only if you take all 8 (looking to change up my stocking).
Located in McKeesport, PA and MUST PICKUP.
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zbscg9.jpg

• 1 Adult Fire Red Female Discus (breeding pair with the Turquoise Male & just recently spawned with Brilliant)
• 1 Adult Turquoise Male Discus (breeding pair with the Fire Red Female)
• 1 Adult Male Brilliant Discus (breeding pair with Fire Red Female)
• 2 Adult Marlboro Discus
• 1 Adult PigeonBlood Blue Discus
• 1 Adult PigeonBlood Red Discus
• 1 Adult Silver Pigeon Discus

phillybob
07-08-2012, 10:04 PM
thank you. five hour one way is too much.

I've got 8 HUGE adult Stendker Discus available. $400 cash and carry for all ...this deal is only if you take all 8 (looking to change up my stocking).
Located in McKeesport, PA and MUST PICKUP.

• 1 Adult Fire Red Female Discus (breeding pair with the Turquoise Male & just recently spawned with Brilliant)
• 1 Adult Turquoise Male Discus (breeding pair with the Fire Red Female)
• 1 Adult Male Brilliant Discus (breeding pair with Fire Red Female)
• 2 Adult Marlboro Discus
• 1 Adult PigeonBlood Blue Discus
• 1 Adult PigeonBlood Red Discus
• 1 Adult Silver Pigeon Discus

Skip
07-09-2012, 08:20 AM
qt the new fish! BEFORE you add them to your tank

Elliots
07-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I do not know where you are located but why don't you try Discus Hans in Maryland. He probably has whatever you want. Check his internet site for photos. He is a SD sponsor. There are other SD sponsors near you possibly New Jersey Discus. Check the list of sponsors to see who is close. All sponsors will mail you fish but I would want to see my fish when I buy.

buddha1200
07-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Just went to Hans place a few weeks ago,its only 1 hour 40 minutes.
might be going again this month if you want to tag along let me know.

phillybob
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you all for your input. I am a rookie and dont want to start out with expensive ones. I will try Hans or Kennys after I gain some experience.

Skip
07-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Thank you all for your input. I am a rookie and dont want to start out with expensive ones. I will try Hans or Kennys after I gain some experience.

its a lot easier.. when you start out with quality..

if you start off with junkyard dawgs.. then its a little harder

goodl luck

joeymac
07-09-2012, 10:15 PM
its a lot easier.. when you start out with quality..

if you start off with junkyard dawgs.. then its a little harder

goodl luck

+1

Also I don't think their fish are any more expensive then you'd see at a lfs or local breeder if you can find one.

Just sayin.

buddha1200
07-10-2012, 09:59 AM

I started a little while ago with Hans fish,and i must say they adjusted fast and ate the very next day.
Actually paid about what i would pay in a lfs,plus i had a better selection to chose from and got to hand pick from that selection.
also got alot of good first hand advise from Hans(starting off on the right track,priceless)

derunren
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I am moving to keeping only 6.5 in+ show discus. I have 2 small discus fish to sell, 4.5 inch red melon and 5.5 inch white checkerboard. I am in 11415 Queens NYC.

If you are interested in pick up you can call me 917-734-8714. Darren

ronald sherman
08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
anyone near phila pa going too any of the breeder's soon, have 3 tank for over 14 yr's just set up my first discus tank and want too stock it it's a 75 gallon, don't drive was going too have my brother-in law drive me in the 75 gallon tank i have a fluval 306, cascade 700 and a eheim pre-filter on the intake tube can't wait till i have my first few discus oh yes a 29 gallon quar tank

shawnhu
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
There's a Discus meeting in PA next month, you might consider visiting the forum to discuss what you might want then. If you wanted someone to bring some fish down for you, you should visit the thread over at the community forums to ask to see what's available.

I can understand wanting to start out with cheaper Discus, as I have. My Discus just breed for me, so I'll have some quarter-sized fish hopefully by next month. I'll be attending the NEDA meeting then.

aztecdiscus
08-16-2012, 12:19 AM
I have some up for sale, they are stendkers emailme wt are u looking for , like size and colors nd ill email,u picks ,, darkiid-kay@hotmail.com they all healty ,, I live in the philadelphia area

Elliots
08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope Hans doesn't read this but his fish are usually cheaper than my LFS. Other LFS I have visited in NYC are priced about the same as Hans or a little higher. The only problem with Hans is that if you cannot pick the fish up in person and you are not buying a lot of fish the shipping adds too much. Think of dividing the shipping charge by 1-2 fish or 10-15-20 fish. BIG difference.

crazycracker
09-05-2012, 01:01 AM
The local fish store down here in Newark, DE - sells Hans Discus & there prices are the same or even better than Hans website. They also deal w/ a couple other breeders & prices aren't that bad. It's where I purchased my Hans Discus from.

www.delawarefishstore.com

Check'em out. Good luck.