PDA

View Full Version : Painted tank! (pics)

farzadkavari
07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I finally got tried of the poster background and decided to paint back of my tank with the Discus in the tank! I like it much better and so the Discus & Angels. Less Peppering! :)

shoveltrash
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
VERY nice!
the only thing I'd say is get rid of the gravel LOL. the blue is lovely.......I want to do this (I have a taped on blue background purchased from LFS), thanks for the inspiration :)

farzadkavari
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM
VERY nice!
the only thing I'd say is get rid of the gravel LOL. the blue is lovely.......I want to do this (I have a taped on blue background purchased from LFS), thanks for the inspiration :)

Yes! My next project is to swap the gravel for white sand. :o

cjr8420
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Yes! My next project is to swap the gravel for white sand. :o
u know u can paint the bottom with sand colored textured spray paint still barebottom but looks like sand best of both worlds.here is a thread on it hth http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?93979-Sand-look-for-bare-bottom-tanks&highlight=textured+spray+paint

RyanGSP
07-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Or if you can drain the tank, smear silicone on the bottom pour in sand, press down on the sand, wait 12 hrs, wash out the unstuck sand and vola now you have a sand bottom that is just as easy to clean as bare bottom!

Works the same with Epoxy!

farzadkavari
07-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Or if you can drain the tank, smear silicone on the bottom pour in sand, press down on the sand, wait 12 hrs, wash out the unstuck sand and vola now you have a sand bottom that is just as easy to clean as bare bottom!

Sounds sticky and messy!

farzadkavari
07-11-2012, 09:24 AM

Looks alright. I think painting the bottom sand color and applying a thin layer of sand would be great! :)