PDA

View Full Version : Bad egg?

4discusdude
07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi, I had a pair that the female lay egg on Saturday morning, I believe is a conform pair. I know bad egg will turn white and have fungus on them. Monday came home from work the egg is white, female and the take turn to fan and no fungus. This is the second time they have egg and it same thing on the first time. My water tds is 75. So is egg not ferterlize? Tds is still high?
Thank you.

DiscusDrew
07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
You should be getting at least some wigglers, sounds like either two females, infertile male, or basically what i'm saying is that the eggs are not getting fertilized for one reason or another. Is a filter running while they are breeding? Have you seen the "male"make runs? And are you using methylene blue after they lay and fertilize?

DiscusDrew
07-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Your TDS sounds fine 50-80 is perfect, mines even a bit higher than that when I have eggs usually. So that is not the issue, even with much higher TDS you should be getting at least some wigglers.

jonny j
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
May just be that its a young pair of discus! Males take alot longer to mature than females! give it another 3-4 times and probley get it right for you!

4discusdude
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi thank you for your time, the first time, I watch the male pass through the egg, and I wait for three day, the egg still same thing white but no fungus and no I didn't use meth. So I thing the egg is bad and clean it up so they can try again, this time is same thing, take turn fan the egg for almost three day, they were mad when I take the first batch of egg away, the male keep on guard the cone with no egg for three day on the first time they got some eggs. Second time they laid the egg in front of the tank away from the filter, I forgot to turn off the filter at that time. First batch of egg I did turn off the filter.