PDA

View Full Version : Cory catfish has a white pus/zit on his nose

blkg35
07-24-2012, 06:16 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

Started 2 weeks ago. One of my cory catfish got this pus like pimple on his nose. I took him out, removed it with a tweezer and dapped it with hydrogen peroxide. It came back the next day. Yesterday another cory catfish started getting it.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

He is showing no symptoms, still active and eating.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

I tried one treatment of liquid prazipro. I did triple the dose for one day. 6ml for 35gals of water. Following day I did an 80% water change.
Thought it might be a parasite but now wondering if its bacterial or fungal in nature.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

40gal tank. Established for 1.5years. 5x corys 1"-1.5", 4x abn plecos 3"-4", 1x angelfish 3"

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

Before the cory got the pimple, I was doing waterchange once a week 50%.
Now I am doing waterchange 2x a week, 50% each time.
Tank is barebottom, I use tap water that I condition with Prime first before filling the tank up.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp __80___

- ph __7.8___

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading _20___

- well water ____

- municipal water _X___

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

None.

Here are some pics of the pimple. Sorry for the dirty glass.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/blkg35/cory1.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/blkg35/cory.jpg