PDA

View Full Version : Best Remin product for RO water

james1234
07-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi guys is there a remin product out there that promotes optimum growth with discus fry?
Or are there any decent proven remin mixes i can make myself?
I use alot of RO water and in turn alot of remin and i'm trying to preferably cut costs on the remin side.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Cheers james

strungout
07-26-2012, 12:48 AM
I use equilibrium by seachem, not sure if it promotes optimum growth with discus fry. But you should really get a tds meter and dose according, try and get a range of 70-90 from what I've read. Doesn't take much, others prefer to just mix with tap though to get their tds proper.

james1234
07-26-2012, 02:30 AM
I use equilibrium by seachem, not sure if it promotes optimum growth with discus fry. But you should really get a tds meter and dose according, try and get a range of 70-90 from what I've read. Doesn't take much, others prefer to just mix with tap though to get their tds proper.

Hi i look at a tds of 200+ for growing out from hatch. Imo 70-90 is to low, i prefer high mineral content in my water.
I would just mix with tap but my tap water is awful, high in nitrates and comes out really cloudy constantly

shoveltrash
07-26-2012, 05:13 AM
I use RO Right. my RO water comes out with a TDS of around 30 (crap well water), then 2 tsp of the powder per 50 gallon gives me approx 100-125 tds. pretty cost effective.