PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: BLue Diamond discus's eyes turn black

spong7172
07-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Helloo, I'm newbie in Discus keeping:
Need some suggestion and advise from you whom can help:
a) 9 discus in my 5ft tank, but the base is dark color with plant background poster: is it true that discus dun like dark?
b) switch on lighting 24/7: is it true that discus dun like lighting for too long:
c) will lighting affect the discus body, cos the leopard are losing the spot : any idea?
d) some discus's eyes turn dark instead of orange/red... but still swimming and eating well in the tank? any advise on this?

Appriecate your time to help!!
Cheers

Floppy Fin's
07-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Discus like to sleep like everything else.. I suggest you do a normal daylight hours and switch down to a night light at night to simulate moonlight. How many gallon is your 5 ft tank? Everyone else can fill in the blanks I left out.
FFins.

spong7172
07-27-2012, 09:44 PM
FF, Thks for the prompt reply!!. but the moment i turn off the light they scared and hide one side..turn black..haaa.or it they need to get use to it?

Floppy Fin's
07-28-2012, 11:03 AM
If you run a reduced light in the room, like a night light, they will adjust.. Mine here go to bed around the artificial plants now on schedule..even with the lights still on.. I have LED's with moonlight and its enough for my other tanks as well.

spong7172
07-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks. Change to low lighting.