PDA

View Full Version : Question about shipping

Kal-El
07-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm looking into shipping fish and wanted to know if I need to get Oxygen tank to put in pure Oxygen if I ship using a Kordon breather bag or should I stick with normal 3mil thick bags and get oxygen tank and put in 1/3 water to 2/3 oxygen ratio? Water will be from age barrow.

Where is the best place to buy a small oxygen tank if this is needed?
To ship fish that are 4-6" would the bag size 10" x 22" big enough or should I go bigger?
Where is the best place to purchase Styrofoam box?
considering getting some from here.
http://www.mrboxonline.com/styrofoam-cooler-boxes-c-102_104.html?osCsid=7d6f7dbea09e8623044b680c8f1583 0d
Bag Buddies or just prime?
If shipping Airport to Airport do I need to put oxygen in beg or go with breather bag?

Sorry for all the questions just wanted to make sure I'm getting the best info I can before I attempt to consider shipping fish. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Skip
07-30-2012, 11:06 AM
breather bags are pretty thin..

i don't think anybody uses them for discus.. except joe gargas.. but he ships dime sized fish

fredfry
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Do a search for "JUST OXYGEN" for a small tank.

Fred

LizStreithorst
07-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I got my O2 tank from ebay. Bags 2" larger than the fish are fine. For fish 6" or larger TL try to find 4 mil otherwise 3 mil is fine. If you can find Bag Buddies use them. My LFS saves their large styros for me. Check around. Don't use breather bags. Starve the fish for 2 days before shipping.

Kal-El
07-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I got my O2 tank from ebay. Bags 2" larger than the fish are fine. For fish 6" or larger TL try to find 4 mil otherwise 3 mil is fine. If you can find Bag Buddies use them. My LFS saves their large styros for me. Check around. Don't use breather bags. Starve the fish for 2 days before shipping.

Thank you... this really helps.