PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas quick on moving 150 gallon tank!

pastry
07-30-2012, 02:39 PM
I have to move my 150 gallon tank before hardwood floors are installed later this week. Already drained it but when I went to shimmy it a little last night then I couldn't get it to slide of the stand!!! It sits on a flat board with no lip on it. I can't get a hand underneath anywhere. I have 3 others guys that are going to help me but I'm afraid that if I push it to slide it off the stand then the stand may collapse! Definitely in a pickle so if anyone else has any ideas then I'm all ears!!! I just need to get a few inches of it one way or the other so I can get a few hands underneath it. I can't tip the stand though (I can but there's a lip at the bottom of the stand that may break with that much weight). Thanks for any ideas!!!

John_Nicholson
07-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Just pick it up and move it. I have moved 120 gallon tanks by myself so with 4 people a 150 should be a snap.

-john

nwehrman
07-30-2012, 05:40 PM
If its been sitting there for a while just needs a good push/pull to slide it. With four people - shouldn't be a big deal.

Moved ours with three -

John we already know your crazed - I value my back!

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_Nicholson
07-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Strong back...weak mind....

-john

chaoslite
07-30-2012, 05:54 PM
I have moved my 120g with the help of my roommate. It got stuck a but a good push moved it just fine so that we could grab it.

Mishka

daffyfish
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
They make a furniture dolly/jack, that you could use on the stand and tank together. You just need to drain about 1/3 of the water. Contact a moving company. They should know what I am talking about.

pastry
07-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Thanks to all. Yep, I just picked up the stand with it. It wouldn't slide off the stand. Seems to be settled pretty good on it plus I think when my wife painted the stand back when we got then some of the paint may not have been fully dried. Ah well. Can't wait to get the hardwood floors put in and then get the tank back in the house. Thanks again!

shrimper
08-03-2012, 06:58 AM
If you are removing the carpet... save a portion of the carpet to fit the stand...