PDA

View Full Version : "Clean up crew" for breedingtank

kikkan
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi.
Im just wondering what you guys think of maybe adding 3 corydoras albino to the breeding tank now that the fry are 5 days old freeswimmers and way to big for Corydoras?

I had sucsess with adding corydoras once when i breed Angelfish.
I`m also going away for a few days, and a friend is feeding the fry while im gone, so i thought that maybe adding the Cory`s would help to keep the bottom of the tank for dead Artemia.
My friend will also do water changes twise a day?

What do you guys think?

Could maybe the parents panic and eat the fry?
Or maybe go bananas on the Corys?

/Chris

roclement
08-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Remove the cory's they will no no good to your breeding tank, in fact they will only worsen your water quality and endager the fry. There is no such thing as a clean-up crew, whatever they eat, they release back into the water collum as feeces.

Water changes are the only way to go here, syphon the bottom of the tank to get rid of detritus. No shortcuts.

Rodrigo

Chicago Discus
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
no other fish other then your breeding pair. You should be cleaning your tank daily and would not need a cleaning crew. YOU ARE THE CLEANING CREW sent with love.......Josie

DiscusDrew
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
+1 to everything above, I saw this thread and HAD to make sure someone made sure that was clear. All you'd be doing is adding hassle in my opinion. My fry are either with mom and dad, just dad, or nobody at all. Nothing inbetween.

nc0gnet0
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
The only thing I might consider is a snail or two after the fry have attached, and myself I do as the others above have said.

Rick