PDA

View Full Version : A comment on beefheart

dprais1
08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I have never fed my discus beefheart before except what is in Bills super beefheart flake. I was at the LFS and saw they had San Fran, Sallys, beefheart in flats so I decided to pick one up.

I have one 2" discus runty stunted guy who has been through two cycles of flagellates with non eating and white poop. he has been recovered for over a month now from the last time but has been really skinny ever since the first flagellate problem, pinched forehead, 'boney' looking, etc
-but he has been eating fine and acting fine.

Anyhow i've been feeding the beefheart a few times a day for the past four days or so, just dropping a cube in strawbeeryblonde suggests.

My comment is is that my runty no longer looks so skinny, thin yes, but not skinny. his bonyness is less and his forehead appears to have filled out some. As he has had this appearance for at least 2-3months I must conclude it is the beefheart that is making the difference. It will be interesting to see how he appears in a couple weeks.

MaiaDee
08-07-2012, 07:42 PM
That's awesome! SB has awesome advise. Her diet seems to be making a real difference in my size challenged fish also :)

Keith Perkins
08-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Hope your observations are correct, sounds like your little guy could stand a break. I'm definitely a beefheart fan.

ExReefer
08-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I've never seen my discus refuse BH. It works.

dprais1
08-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I've been debating about just flushing him for some time but I figured if he was tough enough to make it through and keep fighting far be it for me to give him the axe. I was just suprised that beefheart has such an impact.

Teshi
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Time to start making your own beefheart mix. It isn't hard... just a bit time consuming :)

dprais1
08-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Hahaha. I won't make my own