PDA

View Full Version : Carol Roberts

yogi
08-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I know some of you know who she is and some of you don't. She was a very active moderator here on Simply when it first started and some of her threads are still sticky's. She was also the founder and first President of NADA. So I want to let you all know I recently heard from her. She's not back with discus but she's breeding French Bulldogs and here is her web site http://merlefrenchbulldog.com/

Moon
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I wondered what happened to her. She was very active here.
Jerry, you and I've been here for a while. Some of the others must have dropped out of the hobby.

yim11
08-14-2012, 09:32 PM
That's really cool! We almost got a frog dog but didn't like what was available in our area so got a Jack Russell instead. Maybe I should have traveled farther. LOL

Second Hand Pat
08-14-2012, 09:48 PM
I have certainly read Carol's sticky's. Good to know she is still around and into something she is passionate about. Those frenchies are cute (sort of lol). Frog dog Jim? that's a new one.

korbi_doc
08-14-2012, 10:29 PM
So glad to hear this 'bout Carol....she was a great asset to this hobby & to Simply & so knowledgable...I was certain she was still very active in something besides her job & her wonderful family....wish she was here too..I was very fortunate to spend some time with her on our trip to Singapore for the discus show out there where she was invited to judge & I was the tag-a-long, lol...met some wonderful ppl & saw great behind the scenes workings & farms & so many fish....was just a memorable fun trip for me...& now..dogs?? how nice, she chose a very interesting breed....glad she's having fun....

Dottie

Discus-n00b
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Good to hear she is doing well. She was a wealth of information.

dpete9
08-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Yup Glad all is well with her. I remember her helping me out with some questions way back when. She knew her stuff

Keith Perkins
08-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I haven't been around SD long enough to have interacted with her but I sure read a lot of her stickied threads when I was starting out, and some still now. They way you were using the word was Jerry I was afraid your posted was headed a completely different direction. Glad to here you made contact with her and that she's doing well, I've wondered about her condition and whereabouts more than once.

Disgirl
08-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Good to hear she is still about and enjoying her new passion of dog breeding/designing. Wonder if she still keeps a tank of discus? Maybe she will check in here sometime and let us know.
Barb

shawnhu
08-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Glad to see Carol is well. She really IS a wealth of knowledge.

Oscarsx
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I was not around long enough to see her post here on simply, but i have read her stickies and has helped me a ton with my discus.

Good to hear some of you still keep in touch with her.

Sent from my DROID X2

brewmaster15
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Carol was truly an asset to this hobby and to SimplyDiscus...Glad to hear she is well!
-al