PDA

View Full Version : my discus color change

evan009
08-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Am I using the wrong lighting? My discus look alot colorful in the day time without light. At night with light they look pal. Do anyone have the same problem?

Chicago Discus
08-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Am I using the wrong lighting? My discus look alot colorful in the day time without light. At night with light they look pal. Do anyone have the same problem?

put some construction paper that wont burn under your light and dim it down...problem solved ........ Josie

Second Hand Pat
08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
put some construction paper that wont burn under your light and dim it down...problem solved ........ Josie

or window screen :)

Chicago Discus
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
or window screen :)

That's a god idea pat I'm going to try that......thanks.....Josie

Second Hand Pat
08-16-2012, 03:36 PM
That's a god idea pat I'm going to try that......thanks.....Josie

Josie, the cool thing about window screen is you can fold it under the light to make it dimmer or unfold it to make it lighter. If you are adapting fish to more light it is a great way to adapt them over time. :angel:...works great with wilds.

Chicago Discus
08-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Josie, the cool thing about window screen is you can fold it under the light to make it dimmer or unfold it to make it lighter. If you are adapting fish to more light it is a great way to adapt them over time. :angel:...works great with wilds.

Thanks pat your the best.....Josie

Second Hand Pat
08-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks pat your the best.....Josie

Nah, you are kiddo, you are reinventing BB filtration.

krislewis3
09-02-2012, 12:23 PM
What do you mean when you say( 'window screen)? I don't see how a screen would change the spectrum of light!