PDA

View Full Version : A Very Special Thank You to Discus Hans and Joanne from Brew and family!

brewmaster15
08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi all,
Well my family and I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Florida...something we had planned a while now and hoped to do this summer. Summer is officially over for us now , and they head back to school in a few short weeks with some awesome memories...and we owe Hans and Joanne a very special thank you for helping to make it possible.

A few months ago, Hans did something extremely generous for my family. He offered up for auction a pair of discus to benefit not the forum...but the owner of the forum. More specifically He told me to do something nice for my kids with the proceeds. I have to say in all the looonnngggggg years I have owned and ran this forum, no one has ever done that. Its often a challenge to get people involved enough to voluntarily send in some support for the forum itself...but never has anyone done something like this for me and my family. To say it means alot to us would not come close to how we feel. It may ruin Hans reputation here;), but he does have a Heart of Gold.:)

So Hans... These Pics are for you and Joanne....

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/brewmaster15/030_30.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/brewmaster15/058_58.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/brewmaster15/065_65.jpg

I gave my kids the choice of spending sometime at Disney in Florida...something we have never done, or spending the day with Dolphins at Marineland, again something we have never done... They chose The dolphins...and I have to say it was amazing. We learned much about these beautiful and intelligent mammals. We owe that day's memories to Discus Hans and Joanne. It is something we will never forget.

So Thank you both so much for your generosity. You both are amazing people I am glad I have gotten to know in this hobby and become friends with.

Al, Carrie, Becky and Ethan Sabetta

DLock3d
08-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Al, did you research anything about creating dwarf dolphins so we can put them in our tanks? :p Looks like you and your family had a well deserved great time. Really awesome of H & J to do what they did.

Second Hand Pat
08-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Al, loks like you and your family had an aweome time and many thanks to Hans to help make that happen. I have never been to Marineland and just may need to check it out.
Pat

Coffee1stLife2nd
08-17-2012, 12:02 PM
You have a very Beautiful Family Im happy you all got to spend some family time together and do something that will be great memories for you all, And thank You for helping all of us have a place to come and learn and also make good friends like the ones you have made...Tina

brewmaster15
08-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Al, did you research anything about creating dwarf dolphins so we can put them in our tanks? Looks like you and your family had a well deserved great time. Really awesome of H & J to do what they did. Dan, I don't know about keeping them in a tank..but I can easily see the attraction these animals have on people...hard to put it into words..But they remind me of Dogs by their behavior....yet smarter.

Al, loks like you and your family had an aweome time and many thanks to Hans to help make that happen. I have never been to Marineland and just may need to check it out.
Pat

Pat, its well worth the trip for you.. :)

You have a very Beautiful Family Im happy you all got to spend some family time together and do something that will be great memories for you all, And thank You for helping all of us have a place to come and learn and also make good friends like the ones you have made...Tina Thank you Tina, hang aroung Simply long enough and you'll definetly make a few good ones along the way.

DiscusDrew
08-17-2012, 03:04 PM
That's incredible Al, and as stated a very well deserved trip away from it all. Nothing but grins from ear to ear in those pictures so it appears you guys had a truly incredible time. For any of us that have established relationships with Hans I think it is very obvious to us that underneath all the jokes and good natured humor, is one of the most giving and amazing people you will ever meet. So Al, congrats and i'm so happy for you and the family, nothing in this world is more important.

And to Hans, once again thank you for all the amazing things you do for this hobby and the people in it. You are an inspiration to do more and be more of a positive presence in this hobby and for this forum and its members.

Discus-n00b
08-17-2012, 03:17 PM
That's incredible Al, and as stated a very well deserved trip away from it all. Nothing but grins from ear to ear in those pictures so it appears you guys had a truly incredible time. For any of us that have established relationships with Hans I think it is very obvious to us that underneath all the jokes and good natured humor, is one of the most giving and amazing people you will ever meet. So Al, congrats and i'm so happy for you and the family, nothing in this world is more important.

And to Hans, once again thank you for all the amazing things you do for this hobby and the people in it. You are an inspiration to do more and be more of a positive presence in this hobby and for this forum and its members.

Couldn't have said it better about Hans, and well deserved by Al and family. Looks like a great trip.

DonMD
08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks for posting that, Al. Yes, Hans, despite his pretending to be otherwise, is really a very caring and generous person. I can testify to that. Glad you had a wonderful vacation, and those are GREAT shots! -Don

jwelectric
08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Blessings are hid everywhere and sometimes they just jump out and hit us. This thread is a blessing to the wife and myself knowing that there such lovely people still left on this planet.

My grandpa always told me that my wealth would be measured by my friends not my money and today in this thread I got to see wealth what my grandpa was talking about, a true blessing.

Thank you for sharing.
Kathy and Mike Whitt

Darren's Discus
08-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Awesome Hans.
Brew looks like you and the family had a great time.Hans sorry to say your cover is blown.

Cheers

Floppy Fin's
08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Your trip brings back my own memories of Marine Land in Orlando Disney world.. At that time it was just a very large tank like enclosure.. I have only known Mr. Hans since last March or April...and I too was impressed with is outgoing generous nature.
And his super nice fish.. I own some. :-)
Good to see his joy and happiness spread around... Cheers.
F-Fin's

JenTN
08-17-2012, 09:53 PM
That is so awesome! I think everyone should swim with dolphins once, it is an awesome experience!!

Second Hand Pat
08-17-2012, 10:12 PM
That is so awesome! I think everyone should swim with dolphins once, it is an awesome experience!!

True Jen, Tom, I and our daughter spent the day at Discovery Cove here in Orlando which included spending one on one time with the dolphins. It was a special day for me.

JenTN
08-17-2012, 10:15 PM
True Jen, Tom, I and our daughter spent the day at Discovery Cove here in Orlando which included spending one on one time with the dolphins. It was a special day for me.

I swam with some in Mexico a few years ago, it was much more special than I thought it would be. Now if I can just swim with sharks and stingrays!

Second Hand Pat
08-17-2012, 10:20 PM
We swam with the stingrays too. They just wanted to be fed.

Altum Nut
08-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Great pics Al.
Time spent with family and the look in your kids eyes are memorable moments that stay with you forever.
Can't say enough about Hans and Joanne. Would be a pleasure to meet them both one day.
I melt for fairy tale stories like these...

...Ralph

laupao
08-18-2012, 08:05 AM
wooww, looks like a great time in FL. Can Al or anyone tell me the where is this marineland place in FL. I'm planning to go to FL soon and I would like to visit this marineland place

Thanks

Disgirl
08-18-2012, 08:25 AM
What a great story and pictures Al! Well deserved for sure. Hans, what a lovely thing for you to do for Al and his family. Now I want to go swim with dolphins.
Barb

brewmaster15
08-18-2012, 08:41 AM
wooww, looks like a great time in FL. Can Al or anyone tell me the where is this marineland place in FL. I'm planning to go to FL soon and I would like to visit this marineland place

Thanks
website....http://www.marineland.net/
The place is located on the east coast, just south of St. Augustines and north of Flaggler beach/Daytona..I can't recommend it highly enough!
-al

John_Nicholson
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Al glad to see ya'll had a chance to have some quality family time. Hans does a lot more for this hobby and for people in this hobby than he ever gets credit for.

-john

brewmaster15
08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
.... Hans does a lot more for this hobby and for people in this hobby than he ever gets credit for.

-john Very True John.
-al

YSS
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Very nice Al! Glad your kids made a right choice. You must have done a decent job raising them. :)

All the best to you and your family. Yes, Hans is alright.

tonytheboss1
08-18-2012, 12:51 PM
:bandana: Great shots Al!! Looks like a great time was had by all. Just got back from down that way. Had to haul some equip to the track in Daytona. It's great there. Didn't have but a half day turn around so no time for fun but the plan is in the works. Hans is the best!!! "T"

Discus-Hans
08-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Al, you are more as Welcome, great to see you and the family had fun.

Let's not forget Josie who bought the pair,

Joanne & Hans

BrandyK
08-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Very cool I wish I would have known you were here. I live in St. Augustine and I volunteer 2 days a week here at marine land yes it is a great place!

brewmaster15
08-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Al, you are more as Welcome, great to see you and the family had fun.

Let's not forget Josie who bought the pair,

Joanne & Hans

Thank again Hans, and absolutely spot on with Josie! She's always one to help out where and when she can.

-al

brewmaster15
08-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Very cool I wish I would have known you were here. I live in St. Augustine and I volunteer 2 days a week here at marine land yes it is a great place! Another time maybe Pete, I know if I lived down there, I'd volunteering there as well!

-al