PDA

View Full Version : Potted Plants Feedbacks needed on fertilization

Kal-El
08-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I have two large Amazon Sword potted plants that were doing well until a few weeks ago and they are starting to die off. Assuming this is happening because of the constant water change I'm doing and not getting enough iron, calcium, and everything else it needs to stay healthy. I'm thinking of adding "Seachem Flourish Tabs" into the gravel in the Potts. Have anyone use this product and is it safe for Discus and is this enough to keep the Amazon Sword growing healthy again.

Thanks,

Oscarsx
08-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes sir, amazons are HEAVY rooters, all of their nutrients are picked up from their roots, I don't think your wc's should have a huge impact on them since again they feed from the roots.

I've used seachem root tabs with discus without a single problem, just make sure you bury them deep enough so they won't pop up... if that does happen, you'll encourage crazy algae growth.

Sent from my DROID X2

Kal-El
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks, I'll give the tabs a try. If they die I guess its time for new ones :D They aren't expensive anyway...

Oscarsx
08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm actually picking some up today also, petsmart ftw!

- Oz

bogia99
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Before you get rid of the swords, try this product with a pinch of miracle growth. Keep the sword in the pot and in a small tub then leave it in a semi-sunny area in the backyard for a few weeks to see if it will come back green.

FYI - I dose about 15ml of this once a week directly in the 140G planted tank and I have seen big improvement in my plants. Its main ingredients are Iron+magnesium+zinc and it doesn't seem to impact angels+Cory+Neon. I had two discuses in the tank for almost a month and they seems to survived this mix. One side effect I have (not sure if it is related to this chem) is a mild case of black hair algea. I am fighting that with liquid Co2 and reduced lighting. Since I don't have much experience with this iron supplement chem + discus, try it with CAUTION.

====================

From Home Depot -

Western States 1 gal. Vitamin B-1 Liquid Fertilizer

Model # 100047058

Internet # 100607914

Store SKU # 465798
5 / 5
(4)
Write a Review

$4.87 /EA-Each

CHEMICAL NAME CAS # PERCENT
Thiamine Mononitrate 532-43-4 0.01%