View Full Version : ?? on CPR Continuous Siphon Overflow ??

Coffee1stLife2nd
08-21-2012, 02:07 AM
any comments on the CPR Continuous Siphon Overflow ?? ive read lots of good reviews and bad reviews,, since i have to redo my tank i ordered 2 of 1" Single Bulkhead 800 gph 1 for each end of the tank, i did also order the lift pump that is recommended for it.. Any personal experiences with this would be Great, Thanks a Bunch.. Tina http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23781&ref=4263&subref=AA&cmpid=E-_-TR-_-OrderConfirm-_-PRDT The reason i have to go with hang on back overflows is because on the bottom of the tank it said DO NOT DRILL TANK GLASS,,, so i figure i better not,,

DerekFF
08-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Yeah tempered glass and drilling is a no no. Ive had good success with them but have never used the lift pump. Just make sure on the return plumbing to put in anti siphon reliefs or youll be a sorry wet fish owner

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

lipadj46
08-21-2012, 07:54 AM
I would drill the back of the tank and use an external overflow box.

Coffee1stLife2nd
08-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I would drill the back of the tank and use an external overflow box.BIG sticker says DO NOT DRILL GLASS... so i dont think i will.. to big of a chance.. tank wasnt cheap..

lipadj46
08-21-2012, 10:47 AM
It should only have tempered glass on the bottom panel, that is where the sticker is correct? I doubt the back is tempered, who made it? I would shoot them an email and see as drilling an empty tank is quite easy to do.

a volar
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I will never trust an overflow box, I have allways drill my tanks and still doing it, check with manufacturer of tank to find out if you can drill on the back.. as you mention it there are bad reviews and good reviews, it may never give you a problem... but I just don't trust them....JMO

kareen
08-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I drilled my own tank it's not that hard go to Glass-Holes.com thay have a kit comes with every thing you need step by step info check them out

DerekFF
08-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh oh i see what youre saying now. Yeah the DO NOT DRILL GLASS is for the bottom only. Sides can be drilled. Also anyone who has ever had issues with the cpr either hasnt been using it right or didnt create an anti siphon relief in the return line

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

aajd333
08-23-2012, 02:24 AM
I used a CPR overflow on my reef tank. Instead of the lift pump I used a Rio RVT power head. It would suck any air in the overflow out and I never had a problem. The only drawback is you will have a power head in your tank.